“Oh the deliciousness! Vego options available.”
Review of The Tippler & Co

The Tippler & Co
Ranked #342 of 4,023 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Asian, European, Mediterranean, Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Tippler & Co provides a place for people to appreciate all things food & drink.
Melbourne, Australia
“Oh the deliciousness! Vego options available.”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I ate here with a group of friends and we had a really good night. The food is absolutely delicious and there is heaps of variety. The food is served 'share style' which means you get to try heaps of different dishes. I was pleased to find that there are several very tasty vego options on the menu. I really recommend the arancini and gnocchi!

The staff were super friendly and helpful in recommending drinks to go with our food. The atmosphere is really good and the wine list has some really interesting options.

I will definitely be back!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank FP2

“GOOOOD”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

My Husband and I walked here from home after doing a quick search of nearby resturants and decided to try this one and boy oh boy are we glad we did!
Firstly let me say that we aren't ones to review, unless they are awful. It was a Friday night and we called the same day to book a table for that night without a problem.
As you walk in you don't really know where to go or who to ask about your booking as you walk into a bar and there wasn't anyone around when we arrived so perhaps management could look into that. Even a sign saying 'please wait here to be seated' or something just so patrons aren't left standing awkwardly in the middle or the room.
The dining room is small but cute, I'd say bring a sweater as they often open the windows which adds to its charm.
Waiters were very friendly and personable, even spoke to the owner who informs us the restaurant has been open for only 3 months!
Lets get to the food shall we...
Potato bravis was ok, Pea & Ham Croq were yum, stand out was the gnochhi...OMG this was the best gn. we have ever had! and at $19 for a decent serve very good value. The beef short ribs were also great and at $26 for a large pretty good value too.
We had 3 drinks, 2 entrees and 2 mains and it came to $100 and we were FULL.
The setting is cool, the food is fresh and generous portions and the waiters are friendly....what more do you want?
The owner Gus says they change the menu every 3 months so you'll bet you'll find us there in the next few weeks!!
Keep up the good work guys, I only hope you can keep this standard up without jacking up the prices too much as you're onto a winning formula.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank KimH783
“Saturday Night Dinner”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We went to the Tippler last night for dinner & it was very nice.
My spare ribs & my partner's Atlantic Salmon were excellent albeit the service staff were under the impression we were sharing our main course.
Which we rarely do.
We did share a dessert of :Date Pudding & Fried Ice Cream which was excellent.
Service was attentive.
Pricing was very reasonable.
The Tippler is more for people who like to share their meals( which we rarely do other than dessert) & it would be helpful,if the staff asked in advance rather than assuming as they did in our situtation where my meal came a good 10 minutes ahead of my partner's meal.
I was nearly finished when her meal arrived(not ideal).
So as to eat with her I ordered a serving of large chips which were great.
With a little more emphasis on service The Tippler should be around for long time.

• Visited March 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Great food and service!”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

This relatively new restaurant has a warm and friendly ambience. The food is excellent and they catered so well for one of our group who requires gluten and dairy free food. The service was wonderful and we all enjoyed visiting this lovely restaurant.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Penny B
Red Cliffs, Australia
“Great food”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Selected to dine here because of great reviews and as we were staying next door and partner can not walk far. We were offered seating on the stools in the front room or at normal tables in the smaller room. Chose the later. Very extensive drinks list; not as large menu but very interesting. We had the Piri Piri chicken and the Fried lemon gnocchi. Chicken was very tasty and the gnocchi was amazing, never had anything like it. Service was attentive without being intrusive.

• Visited January 2014