“Excellent hotel”

The Langham, Melbourne
Ranked #7 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 7, 2010

Exellent hotel, but don't bother with the suite rooms as these really are not value for money, I paid $540 dollars with corp floor access and was disappointed with the size of the room. Otherwise the hotel is great, good location, great service, impressive chocolate fountain for breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (5,832)

Reviewed January 6, 2010

This is a wonderful place to stay, central to everything and with wonderful views of a beautiful city.

The staff are extremely helpful, the food delightful and the facilities are first rate!

5 Star all the way

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2010

I enjoyed every bit of my stay at the Langham Hotel in Melbourne. I would highly recommend it to anyone and the location is fantastic.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2010

Great food and super rooms. Idea location for city centre and cricket / tennis centre's. Loads of good local restaurants

Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 3, 2010

I have had the pleasure to stay at the Langham twice this year and would have to say that the experience both times was excellent. The service upon arrival was professional and welcoming as only the langham staff can be. The room with a river view was clean, tidy, stocked with top quality amenities and the bedding just superb! The location is central to all the main Melbourne attractions and easy access to most places from the front door. Our stay was just so romantic and we will return again and again. From check in to departure the service, stay and overall experience was luxury at its BEST!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2010

When an establishment makes a promise, there is an unspoken expectation that it is kept. Frequently however, promises are broken and amends never offered or made.

The Langham Hotel offers elegance and fine service and did not fall short on either. We chose to stay in the City on Christmas Eve to avoid family arguments and just enjoy the night together. I should also add that I am a freelance travel journalist and was anticipating writing a story on Christmas in the City. The Langham Hotel were completely unaware of this. I purchased my room on Wotif.com.au, paying the going rate.

We selected the Club room, which was an excellent rate for that time of year. The room was spacious, with a small lounge area. I was a little disappointed that we had to pay an additional $40 for a view, which was not mentioned on the site. This was the only negative. I have no doubt though that had I pushed it, it would have been dealt with, if the hotel was not full.

The Club floor is something well worth trying for a special occasion. The service was beyond excellent, with staff not only remembering us, but looking out for my special needs. I have gluten intolerance but was looked after with a special platter cooked by the chef. On learning I also had a painful facial nerve infection, which caused terrible pain when I ate some foods, our attendant brought us some comfort food, all without our asking.

The lobby was equally as lovely, with attentive and efficient staff. My only disappointment here was that on Christmas Eve, it wasn't very Chrismassy! A live performer (usually Friday and Saturday nights) would have added more atmosphere to the night.

Overall, we were delighted. Breakfast was fresh and lovely in the Club and as promised, came with an air of elegance. They kept their promises and apart from a couple of minor marketing points I think they could improve on, it is a worthy hotel for any business traveler, couple wanting to be pampered or international guest wanting a great location in our wonderful city.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 3, 2010

As soon as we arrived we were greeted with friendly staff and they assisted us with any queries we had promptly. We enjoyed our stay and the facilities in the hotel spoilt us rotten.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family