“One With the Lot!!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Melbourne,Australia
“One With the Lot!!”
Reviewed October 29, 2009

We enjoyed everything this hotel had on offer (Except the Gym). We stayed for my Birthday & it was magnificent, the view from our room 2017 was Amazing, The spa & pool were beautifull & the staff were so friendly & heplfull id recommend this hotel to anyone in need of a little Leisure-Time
P.S. Loved the late check-out =)

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,410)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Red Hill
Reviewed October 29, 2009

I started out with a collegiate conference and stayed on for two extra nights. The Langham is in an excellent position on the Yarra river, my room was a river room with a fabulous view. The service and amenities are first class. The staff are delightful to deal with and very friendly and helpful.
The ambience at the Langham is wonderful. My husband bought the room spray and now I come home to the gorgeous Langham fragrance every day. Staying at the Langham has certainly highlighted my Melbourne experience as it is so central to everything.
Can't wait until my next visit!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Sydney
Reviewed October 29, 2009

Just spent 3 nights at the Langham Melbourne. We had a Langham Spa Suite which was stunning... immaculately maintained with charming old b&w photos of Melbourne on the walls.
Service was excellent, the staff were confident and all knew what they were doing.
Room service was great too. We ordered a 3 course dinner one night - food quality and presentation was top-notch.
The only minor down-side is the pool sun-deck. Unfortunately it is not much more than an expanse of concrete. It would be great if they enclosed the area with large potted plants (these could also act as a wind break) to add some green. Also, installing some shade cloth would be great too. The Hotel ought to capitalise on the fact that they have this outdoor pool deck, as no other 5 star CBD hotel has anything like it.
All-in-all though the Langham is a cut above the rest. Definitely the best hotel in Melbourne CBD.

Melbourne
Reviewed October 28, 2009

We now consider The Langham our "family hotel". Have just had another fabulous weekend to celebrate my husband's birthday - have tried other Melbourne ***** however keep coming back here for the great location and ambience- but mostly for the staff who, without exception do everything to make a stay in their hotel a memorable one.
A must is a visit to the Chuan Spa- sensational massages on Friday night after a mad week at work- so relaxed cancelled dinner bookings and called room service. Delivered in 30 minutes and best rib-eye steak ever and cooked medium rare as ordered.
Highly recommend the Twisted Martini (s) in the Aria Lounge- impossible to stop at 1!
Value ++ + for the Buffet Breakfast in the Melba Restaurant. Recommend dinner there.
A big plus is that the hotel is spotless - water view rooms best as great view of Melbourne.
For anyone looking for somewhere special to hold a dinne, we held a relative's 90th birthday at the hotel in March - 40 guests- the staff went out of their way to look after our "oldies" and were particularly kind to our family who stayed in the hotel. Provided wheel chairs and most courteous "wheelchair pushers" . Really impressed.
Make sure you visit the Langham shop- great value for money and picked up some Christmas presents- pillows are to die for!

frankston
Reviewed October 28, 2009

Hotel is in the perfect position to get to all the magnificent restaurants, gardens and of course the shops..it is much better to organise a room with a view, as this gives you fabulous sights day and evening when Melbourne lights up. I just love it

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
sheffield
Reviewed October 24, 2009

Having lived in Melbourne fro 10 months, I wanted to treat myself to a nice hotel stay on my last 2 nights in Melbourne. I had spent time asking friends/colleagues for their recommendations and searching the internet for reviews. I am so so glad that I chose to stay at the Langham.

I knew that the location would be perfect, it is within walking distance to the CBD, Southern Cross/Flinders St Station, and many major attractions. A fantastic base for any traveller wanting to see the best of Melbourne.

From the moment I arrived, the service was excellent. The friendly concierge greeted me and directed me to the check in desk, and my luggage was in my room before I got there myself! Very efficient and profesional service. The check in experience again was very efficient and well organised.

The hotel itself is Amazing! The decor is beautiful, you walk in to a grand marble area, waterfalls, chandeliers, floral displays.....breathtaking! I stayed in a King River view room. The room was spotless, the bed very comfy, the bathroom was gorgeous - marble flooring, bath, seperate shower. And it is worth paying the extra for river view, a sensational view, especially after dark!

I stayed on the 'Wish Upon a star' package (full buffet breakfast and free champagne in the ARIA lounge) and it was worth every dollar! The buffet breakfast offered food of excellent quality and a wide choice of options, all fresh and healthy options available. And when you stay at a htoel that offers a chocolate founatin at breakfast time......heaven!!!!!!! (from a chocoholics point of view!) I dined in the ARIA lounge a few times during my stay, the service was excellent, a very relaxing atmosphere, and a good choice of food/drinks. The Chocolate Indulgence high tea is a must!!!!!

I utilised the swimming pool facilities. Very clean pool area and spa pool overlooking the southbank. Very relaxing atmosphere. Shower facilities clean. I had a treatment in the spa, staff very friendly and helpful.

In summary, I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough! Everything from the hotel decor to the friendliness, helpfulness and professionalism of the hotel staff was 10/10! Every aspect of my stay was above and beyond what I expected, I have stayed in many hotels and never been made to feel so special, I felt like a princess!!! Worth every dollar, and I would hope everyone can treat themselves to a "Langham experience" at some point. An amazing, lasting memory of Melbourne. I loved it!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
sydney
Reviewed October 23, 2009

The Breakfast buffet and the lovely Gentleman on the door were the best things about this hotel. Whilst staying right on the river was lovely I think I prefer to stay in the heart of the City. Try the Il primo post ( 4 Riverview Ave Southbank) we had agreat evening there, the food and service wonderful and the busker out front was the best entertainment

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family