“I was made to feel like a Princess!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Langham

The Langham
Ranked #5 of 158 Hotels in Melbourne
GreenLeadersSilver level
sheffield
“I was made to feel like a Princess!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2009

Having lived in Melbourne fro 10 months, I wanted to treat myself to a nice hotel stay on my last 2 nights in Melbourne. I had spent time asking friends/colleagues for their recommendations and searching the internet for reviews. I am so so glad that I chose to stay at the Langham.

I knew that the location would be perfect, it is within walking distance to the CBD, Southern Cross/Flinders St Station, and many major attractions. A fantastic base for any traveller wanting to see the best of Melbourne.

From the moment I arrived, the service was excellent. The friendly concierge greeted me and directed me to the check in desk, and my luggage was in my room before I got there myself! Very efficient and profesional service. The check in experience again was very efficient and well organised.

The hotel itself is Amazing! The decor is beautiful, you walk in to a grand marble area, waterfalls, chandeliers, floral displays.....breathtaking! I stayed in a King River view room. The room was spotless, the bed very comfy, the bathroom was gorgeous - marble flooring, bath, seperate shower. And it is worth paying the extra for river view, a sensational view, especially after dark!

I stayed on the 'Wish Upon a star' package (full buffet breakfast and free champagne in the ARIA lounge) and it was worth every dollar! The buffet breakfast offered food of excellent quality and a wide choice of options, all fresh and healthy options available. And when you stay at a htoel that offers a chocolate founatin at breakfast time......heaven!!!!!!! (from a chocoholics point of view!) I dined in the ARIA lounge a few times during my stay, the service was excellent, a very relaxing atmosphere, and a good choice of food/drinks. The Chocolate Indulgence high tea is a must!!!!!

I utilised the swimming pool facilities. Very clean pool area and spa pool overlooking the southbank. Very relaxing atmosphere. Shower facilities clean. I had a treatment in the spa, staff very friendly and helpful.

In summary, I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough! Everything from the hotel decor to the friendliness, helpfulness and professionalism of the hotel staff was 10/10! Every aspect of my stay was above and beyond what I expected, I have stayed in many hotels and never been made to feel so special, I felt like a princess!!! Worth every dollar, and I would hope everyone can treat themselves to a "Langham experience" at some point. An amazing, lasting memory of Melbourne. I loved it!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,371)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2009

The Breakfast buffet and the lovely Gentleman on the door were the best things about this hotel. Whilst staying right on the river was lovely I think I prefer to stay in the heart of the City. Try the Il primo post ( 4 Riverview Ave Southbank) we had agreat evening there, the food and service wonderful and the busker out front was the best entertainment

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Perth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2009

This is a fantastic Hotel in a great location where the staff treat their guest as their top priority, the choice, quantity and quality of the meals is excellent, the rooms are of a high standards as well as all other parts of the hotel, in all a fantastic Hotel to stay for business or pleasure

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2009

This was the 2nd stay/function we have held at The Langham and each time just gets better and better. The staff are fabulous, constantly there to answer questions and to help your function go as smoothly as possible.

Not a bad word can be said.

I am looking forward to the next one.

Regards

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2009

We were celebrating a special weekend and everything about the Langham made it even more special. From the moment we arrived to be greeted by the delightful doorman, the beautiful and spacious room to the perfect location! We were able to stroll through Southbank to have a late night dinner, then a quiet cocktail at the hotel bar and enjoy being able to walk to a day's shopping and movies! Even upon departure the staff went out of their way to be accomodating to our requests! We would certainly stay again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2009

Stayed here on a honeymoon night and found it as I had expected - generally professional, attentive service, without being in your face.
Staff were very friendly. Also had an email before arrival asking whether we needed anything special - we asked for an ice bucket but it never arrived.
Room itself was lovely with a great view of the city.
All in all very pleasant stay and is up there with the other five-stars in Melb

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alongwaysouth
Pasadena, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2009

We just stayed at the Langham Melbourne and it is definitely a shining star for the Langham’s who boast some of the premiere properties around the world. The rooms were well appointed and the hotel staff was knowledgeable and very accommodating. The pool and spa were also amazing. It’s centrally located near Southgate, which has an amazing food court as well as some very nice restaurants. We tried the Blue Train for breakfast and dinner and loved the food. It’s just across the river from the central train station which was also convenient. Their museum/arts district is also within walking distance. I would stay here again when visiting Melbourne as they made my stay most enjoyable!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends