“Fabulous Weekend”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Australia
“Fabulous Weekend”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Stayed at the Langham last weekend. Fabulous hotel and great location. Was helped by (not sure of title) but I think it was reservations superviser, Rebecca. Extremely helpul, kind and professional. Sorted out our room requirements. Also assisted by Sumarti (not sure of correct spelling). Was extremely helpful at all times. Cannot speak highly enough of him. Made us very welcome. Cannot wait to stay there again.
Mary

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,398)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 13, 2014

From the moment we started searching Melbourne hotels and finally communicated with the Langham we could tell we were in for a good time.
A day or two after the booking there was a welcome call to ask if there was anything they could do to make our stay better.
We booked a deal with Langham Club privileges included (a real bonus) and were invited to proceed directly to the Club Lounge on arrival to book in. While the registration was being finalised we were provided afternoon tea and everything from then on was excellent. The room was serviced every morning with a follow up bed turn down service in the afternoon. Slippers, dressing gowns, full scope of toiletries, stocked bar (an ice bucket was sent up to the room on request) and all the staff we encountered were very pleasant and always offering any assistance.
The Langham Club privileges were great; continental breakfast, afternoon tea, drinks and canapés before dinner and the club lounge was a little oasis.
A little expensive for the average traveller like us however if you feel you need a short break with a bit of pampering this is the place to stay. Thank you, Claire, & the team in the lounge and Jamila for all your assistance.
We'll be back.

Room Tip: Club Lounge deals where one of the balcony rooms are included is the ultimate. The lifts are excelle...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
jmclaughlingrm, Guest Relations Manager at The Langham, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at The Langham Melbourne. We certainly appreciate your detailed positive comments. I am happy to hear that from the time of your arrival and check in process in our Club Lounge you found the Hotel and our services to be excellent. I am pleased that you spoiled yourselves and booked a Club Room with Club access and expereinced all that the Club has to offer, from our delicious Breakfast and Afternoon Tea to our evening Cocktail and Canapes. I am delighted to read your praise of our Club colleagues and your special mention of Claire and Jamila, I will be certain to pass on your comments to each of them as I know they will be thrilled to hear them. We hope to welcome you back soon for another memorable visit.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I spent 2 nights in Melbourne from Sydney, we went to the theatre, shopped and took in some sights. The Langham is in a great location on the South Bank, it is close to restaurants sporting facilities public transport and the arts district. The hotel itself is luxurious. We shared a double classic room which was spacious and well appointed. The staff were friendly and helpful. We would definitely return to the Langham

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Susan H
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 12, 2014

This is a solidly 5 star hotel in a fantastic location, with quality furnishings and a high standard of service. Public areas are opulent. The room was very comfortable and I liked the quiet country house feel. The staff are trained to please and generally they do. During my stay there were enough stumbles though to convince me a "very good" rather than "excellent" rating is in order for now. Basic items were missing from a room service breakfast tray, a request for prompt room cleaning went unheeded, a minor maintenance issue in the room was unresolved (the man said he couldn't fix it), luggage taken downstairs for an immediate taxi pickup was put in storage instead. Room service meals were below par. My breakfast scrambled eggs had spent too long in the hot box - not delivered as soon as ready: they had congealed on top, and the tea was undrinkable. My one room service dinner was the lamb shoulder pie - more correctly a pot pie as it has no pastry base - which was overly salted and had far too much lamb fat in the bottom of the dish to be a quality cut. All relatively minor points I know, but together they point to the need for better attention to detail in a property where expectations are high (and rightly so). I suspect management will take appropriate steps, and I look forward to a return visit a few months from now.

Room Tip: The city (river) view was outstanding and worth the extra outlay.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank FairComment888
Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor, we certainly appreciate your detailed comments. I am pleased to read your positive comments regarding our elegant decor, your guestroom and standard of service. I am disappointed though to read that you experienced service and product issues on this occasion, please accept our apologies that we did not meet your expectations. I have passed on your comments to the appropriate Department Managers so they may review within their teams. I thank you for your candid and constructive feedback and I have contacted you directly to personally follow up on your concerns. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham Melbourne and provide you with the level of service we aspire to offer.
Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed July 12, 2014

A very nice experience. We had High Tea at the Langham on Friday. A lovely reunion with my childhood friend and my cousin - great tea: the sandwiches, scones, savouries and tea were all perfect. We washed it all down with a nice Rosé champagne. Lovely lovely lovely. Definitely recommended.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ibadanboy
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Not only did The Langham meet our expectations, it completely exceeded them. We were greeted by a friendly gentleman who took our bags for us. The receptionist gave us a very warm greeting upon checking in. My partner and I were celebrating our anniversary and were greeted by a complimentary cake and a letter from the staff wishing us a happy anniversary and a wonderful stay. They offered us a room upgrade with spectacular views, a spacious room and stunning decor. We could not have asked for a better hotel experience.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Jessica W
Marcus Beach
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 2 days on business. The superb staff took the 5 star experience to new heights - charming, welcoming, and incredibly obliging staff across the board. Generously sized room, amazing breakfast. 2 bottles water in car on valet pickup. Great attention to detail.

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for posting your lovely review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay. I am delighted to read your praise of our colleagues, the service they provided and our attention to detail. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham Melbourne in the future for another enjoyable visit.