“Very Quick Business Stop”

The Langham, Melbourne
Ranked #5 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 12, 2014

From the greeting at the front door to the ladies cleaning the rooms the Service is always with a smile and a warm welcome. The Pink takes a little while to get accustomed to but it is the trade mark. Food and drinks are expensive but only what you expect from a Hotel of this class. Lots of places nearby for quick snacks and fantastic meals.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Ross L
There are newer reviews for The Langham, Melbourne

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Great location on Southbank. Rooms are nice, perhaps a little dated. Decent size rooms, nice comfortable bed.
On the downside would have to be the cleaners came really late in the day, I came back from work early at 4pm and then cleaner was there, I went out for a bit and the cleaner was still there an hour later which I found quite obtrusive. Found out from partner that his happened other days as well.
Also maintenance on the swimming pool meant I could not use it at times when I wanted to.

Able to get free wifi (through joining their loyalty programme) was helpful

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
jmclaughlingrm, Guest Relations Manager at The Langham, Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to offer us your valuable feedback following your recent stay on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the location of the Hotel located within the vibrant Southbank Precinct, your guestroom and our Langham Blissful Bed. Please accept our apologies your room was not serviced earlier in the day. Our Housekeeping Department will be happy to accomodate any request for a room to be serviced, this can be done by dailing 9 on the guestroom phone and speaking to our Call Centre. I apologize there were maintenance issues with the pool on this occasion, we did however rectify the problem as quickly as possible. I am delighted you were able to enjoy the benefit of complimentray broadband access up to 200MB daily through our 1865 Loyalty Programme, it is one of the benefits our loyal members can enjoy. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future to The Langham Melbounrne.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

What an amazing few days spent at the Langham Melbourne! It was my daughter's 21st birthday and she was spoilt by staff in all the little extras they provided during our stay. We could not fault the service and just how friendly and helpful everyone was to us.
Thankyou Langham Hotel we will be back again to enjoy the amazing food, the impecable service and beautiful fragance that is the Langham Melbourne!

Room Tip: Some rooms have really big bathrooms, not the average size.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2014

This is a beautiful, sumptuous hotel located at the edge of Southbank, and an easy five minute walk into the city proper.

We checked into the Langham as guests at a wedding. On arrival in the late afternoon, we were told that our room wasn't ready as yet. The checkin person was terribly apologetic, explaining that it was a long weekend, and many people had stayed in their room late. We were offered a drinks voucher at the bar.

When our room was ready shortly afterwards, we discovered that one piece of luggage had been left in our car by the concierge. When I spoke to the Duty Manager about it, he appeared at our door within five minutes holding the missing piece of luggage and an excellent bottle of wine.

While I expect a great deal from a five star, in this case it seemed understandable. (Two weddings going on at the same time, long weekend etc.) The graciousness of the service easily outweighed the minor inconvenience.

The room - #2126 - was splendid. Just what you'd expect from a hotel of this caliber.

I'll be going back.

Room Tip: If all of the rooms are fitted out like ours was, it will be hard to go wrong.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Ken B

Thank you for posting such a lovely review following your recent stay on Trip Advisor, we certainly appreciate your positive comments. I am pleased to read that although your room was not ready on your arrival we offered you to relax and have drinks until it was and the room was provided room promptly. I am delighted to hear that the Duty Manager not only retrieved your bag left in the car but then delivered it to your room. I shall pass on yoru comments regarding our service to our HR Department so they may be shared with all colleagues. We hope to welcome you back to The Langham Melbourne again in the future.

Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have just returned from 2 nights at the Langham over the long weekend. There is not a single bad thing I can say about this hotel which always goes above and beyond my expectations. We had a River View Club room and it was the best thing we have ever done. The views were incredible, the bed big and incredibly comfy and housekeeping do such an exceptional job at making you feel like you are royalty! The Club Lounge offers incredible views over the city and the service is fantastic. We went to the lounge for evening drinks and canapés, afternoon tea and a coffee before checking out, the food was provided all throughout the day was delicious and fresh, the only let down was they ran out of scones and it was quite a wait for fresh ones to be ready! We had breakfasts in Melba Restaurant as well as dinner one night and again fantastic food with exceptional staff that cannot be helpful enough, I even got a little card and a cupcake to take home to celebrate my Birthday when we had dinner!

I also used the facilities at Chuan Spa during our stay and had a lovely facial with the therapist Deborah, if I had more time I would of spent more time at the spa using the various steam rooms ect that they have.

Can’t wait to return one day!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2014

My first visit to the Langham this weekend and my Husband and I were overwhelmed with the beauty of the hotel and the service that we received. We had booked a Club Room which was located on the 20th Floor (Club Lounge is 24th Floor) from the moment we were greeted when we walked in we felt very special. Check in was a breeze. The room (we stayed in 2017) which was very spacious, clean and had all the amenities that you would require (my only complaint if I had to, was that the lighting in the bathroom was a bit dark no light over the shower area) the bed was very comfortable and nice selection of pillows. The Complimentary water was a great addition also. Check Out of 12pm is a great help, and you don’t feel like you have to rush out the minute you wake up.

The Club package whilst it doesn’t come cheap is certainly a must if you can afford it, the Afternoon Tea was exceptional with Scones, Sandwiches and nice coffee which is made for you (unlike other club lounges) The Pre-Dinner Drinks were great, although not a great deal of horderves selection for vegetarian other than cheese, would have loved to have seen some more hot selection. The Drinks were promptly topped up and had fantastic service in the lounge. I could not fault it. Unfortunately for us we missed enjoying Breakfast but I am sure it would have been amazing.

I had celebrated a birthday at the Langham and was a lovely surprise to receive a card and lovely piece of chocolate cake in my room. It’s the little things that go along way and that are appreciated. I must make a special mention to one particular staff member who made us feel very welcome and gave 100% customer service and that is Sumati he clearly loves his job and it showed through his manner. I can’t wait to come back to the Langham, having stayed at all other 5 star hotels in Melbourne I would have to say that this is now my favourite Hotel, keep up the great work you do.

Room Tip: If you can afford it go for Club Rooms they are on a higher floor and have river view
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
jmclaughlingrm, Guest Relations Manager at The Langham, Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Thank you for leaving us your kind feedback on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at The Langham Melbourne. I am happy to read that you had an pleasurable stay at the hotel celebrating your birthday. We are delighted to hear that you had a warm welcoming arrival experience, enjoyed your spacious guestroom, as well as our Club Lounge with the offerings of Breakfast, Afternoon Tea, as well as Cocktails and Canapé’s in the evenings.The Club Butlers frequently offer breakfast as well afternoon tea and canapés that would suit our guest's dietary preferences, I have contacted you directly so I may add this to your guest history. I shall pass on your praise of Sumati to him personally as I know he will be thrilled to hear it, and yes, he does love his job and engaging with our guests. We look forward to you returning for another memorable visit in the future.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

It was our Golden Wedding Anniversary
so the children packed us off to the Langham for the nightIt was a package deal which included a Dinner and Breakfast On arrival we were greeted by friendly efficient staff
Our Room was perfect, clean and a lovely view over the river
Our dinner was booked for 8-30 And the buffet was sumptuousas much as you could eat Entree of cold meats and sea food,followed by a hot buffet of a variiety of meats and vegies
THe Belly pork was delicious We took our time and had some wine and a beer or two
We finished off with sweets
my oh my what a choice we took our time choosing then added ice cream We rounded our evening in the lounge bar for a bacardior two and my wife enjoyed a Baily`s
The next morning up like larks we headed for breakfast
We again where not disappointed
Plenty of fruit or cereal for starters then a sumptuous English breakfast and a late check out
A really great stay at the Langham
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK
Edith and Tom Ockleshaw

Room Tip: its not the cheapest of hotels but it excels in quality
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank thomas o

Thank you for posting such a lovely review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay. We are delighted you were able to celebrate your Golden Wedding Anniversay with us and that you had a memorable visit. I am pleased you both enjoyed your dining experiences in Melba and appreciated the sweeping views of the Yarra River and City from your guestroom. We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Langham Melbourne for another pleasant visit in the future.