“Perfect in every way”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Dandenong, Australia
“Perfect in every way”
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

We stayed only one night but vowed we would come back longer next time. Staff are lovely,helpful and this hotel is perfectly positioned. Rooms clean,bed comfortable service excellent. Well equiped gym. Awesome breakfast. We will be back

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,408)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Oakham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 27, 2014

We stayed here for 8 nights - a couple of business meetings for my husband but the rest was vacation and a chance to catch up with our daughter who was studying at the university. The staff were great, nothing was too much trouble. We had a lovely room with a river view, beds were comfortable and everywhere spotlessly clean. We enjoyed a delicious breakfast each morning overlooking the river, swam in the pool and used the gym facilities too. The valet parking was also included - we found Melbourne a very easy city to drive in.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Mehul D, Manager at The Langham, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Thank you for leaving us your kind feed back on the trio advisor. I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable 8 night stay at the hotel and were charmed by our service staff and hotel location. It’s true that driving in Melbourne is undemanding and getting around the hotel is very easy. I look forward in welcoming you back to the Langham next time you are in Melbourne to see your daughter.
bittern
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Had two nights here and enjoyed a great experience. Booked on line and had valet parking and breakfast included. Proximity to city fabulous, right near the pedestrian bridge over the Yarra. Breakfast good, comfortable beds and reasonably priced wifi

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank bitterntraveller
nyc
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I don't really understand how the Langham has rated so highly for so many years. It's a great hotel, but is it outstanding? I don't think so.

They've recently refurb'd the rooms but there are certain element of the rooms that are always going to look tired (bathroom) and no few fabrics or splashes of colour will take away from that. The lobby is a very glamorous in a 90s gold kind of way, I enjoy it but the hotel has never really moved forward design wise.

Customer service is great, once they repaired a shoe for me with tape as an emergency when they were unable to locate a shoe repairer. The gym has staff there all of the time and I think they also sell external memberships perhaps? Feels a little too crowded at times, equipment isn't great for a 5 star hotel either.

I have no particular complaints, I just think it's overrated as a hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ladyfitch
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 24, 2014

My wife and I stayed here on our wedding night and it was the perfect place for a perfect day.

Upon arrival the staff congratulated us and we were told we had been upgraded!

We entered our amazing river view room to find a slice of cake with congratulations written in chocolate, a hand written note again congratulating us and a dress bag for my wifes wedding dress! Now that is service. The dress bag did tear apart but we were brought a new one.

The rooms have everything you need and would expect from a high quality hotel.

But while the hotel itself is grand the location makes it even better. You have everything a tourist or local would want around the hotel.

Highly recommend this hotel for tourists and for people's wedding night!

Room Tip: If you are getting married that day, let them know beforehand.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Victoria Point, Australia
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I reviewed The Langham Melbourne in September last year and my main gripe was the housekeeping. I felt it let the place down. This weekend however was totally the opposite. On the 12th floor our room was beautifully presented and spotless. On the second day we'd left the Do Not Disturb sign on the door by mistake so the room wasn't made up. The turn down service got more than she bargained for, but did a wonderful job and left the room in immaculate condition. Means a lot when you're travelling. Reception staff on this occasion were welcoming, informative and helpful. Also a vast improvement on the last time well I felt they were on automatic pilot. I love this hotel for it's proximity to all things Melbourne, but back to loving it for style, grace and GOOD HOUSEKEEPING!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Aileen H
Washington, DC
Reviewed March 23, 2014

This hotel did not disappoint. It met every expectation I had and exceeded some. It is centrally located just a stone’s throw from the Yarra River with easy access to everything Melbourne offers. I think the best thing about the hotel is the staff and service. For a hotel of this size, this is where they exceeded my expectations. The treatment I receive here, I usually get at smaller boutique hotels. When I arrived, I was warmly greeted by the reception staff and later taken to my room by Sumati from guest services who was a great host. He showed me around the room and club lounge, leaving no detail out. When asked about dining options he gave me the name of a great Thai restaurant. Throughout my stay, he inquired about my visit and needs. Francisco at the concierge was outstanding. No matter how many times I went down to ask for directions and to confirm reservations, he was always very helpful and pleasant. Ben at the concierge was also very helpful, but I dealt more with Francisco. Jamila another gem from guest services was very hospitable. The staff I encountered (Mehul, Soudie, Justinne, Nathalia) in the club lounge remembered my name from my first visit and they were also very hospitable. All these interactions made for a very memorable stay. When back in Melbourne, I will definitely stay at the Langham and I will recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Choose a club room with views of the Yarra River if you can afford to, the views of the sunset are s...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo