“Simply the best” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Weybridge, United Kingdom
“Simply the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

Who on earth said this does not compare to The Langham in Hong Kong? I disagree it is wonderful. The view is spectacular, particularly at night. The area perfectly situated. The staff are friendly, efficient and their service faultless. On arrival the doorman immediately sorted our hire car return. The reception gave us our room in spite of arriving 3 hours prior to advertised check in.
The hotel decor in the public areas is very stylish.
Our club room with the lounge priviledges are more than the worth the extra costs. The food there was excellent. The staff in the club lounge could not have been more helpful, any questions they may not have known they spent time on investigating and getting back to us.
I now want to check out other hotels in the Langham chain.
If I am nit picking. please put cushions on the sun loungers by the pool.

Room Tip: High floor, river view.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,300)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Napier, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

Everything about this hotel is outstanding. The location, the service, the rooms and the food. OMG the beds are fantastic!! I could not fault anything. From walking in through the front door and being greeted by a number of staff before you even got to reception to checking out with them all saying come back soon, the stay was a great experience. The bathroom had the most amazing goodies. The bed was turned down every night and fresh towels and bottled water left. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jmclaughlingrm, Guest Relations Manager at The Langham, Melbourne, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post such a lovely review on Trip Advisor, we certainly appreciate it. I am delighted you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay with us and appreciated the warmth and friendlinesss of our colleagues during your visit. We hope to welcome you back to The Langham Melbourne in the future for another memorable visit.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

This very well appointed Hotel is ideally located in the exciting Southbank area of town, next to the arts and theatre precinct. We have stayed here from time to time and cannot fault the service, the available facilities, the competent, helpful staff and the views from our River View room. Our room was spacious with excellent bedding and all comforts including reading lights over the bed and well stocked mini bar. High quality restaurants ,bars and room service are first class. A visit (or two) to the 'Chuan Spa' is a must !
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: suggest you book a 'river view' room to take in the activities on and around the Yarra River...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jmclaughlingrm, General Manager at The Langham, Melbourne, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay. We are pleased you appreciate the location of the hotel situated within the vibrant Southbank precinct and the close proximity to the CBD. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your spacious guestroom with the sweeping views of the Yarra River and City, the furnishings as well as our Langham Blissful Bed.
We agree that a stay is not complete without at least one visit to our luxurious haven, The Chuan Spa. always the ideal location to refresh the body and mind. Thank you for your recommendation we appreciate this and look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham Melbourne in the future.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

I'd heard the Langham was a lovely hotel but was nonetheless surprised by just how wonderful it was.
This is not for the Versace set, nor the minimalists. It is a beautifully appointed, elegantly decorated hotel that does not draw attention to itself, but instead gives. I felt soothed by the decor and cared for by staff. Well done.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mehul D, Manager at The Langham, Melbourne, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Thank you for writing us such a gracious note. It was a great pleasure to look after you and your guest. I am pleased to learn that you were able to experience the uniqueness in our hotel features and that is what Langham as a brand strives for. I am certain you will come across similar elegance in all our Langham properties. Our Langham team at Melbourne looks forward to welcoming you again for your next visit.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

How long did I wait to get here? It was so lovely. You will be very satisfied to stay here as well.

I had a "Club room package" with afternoon tea, evening drink/snack and the breakfast included and stayed on the 21st floor. Fantastic view. They catered well for special meals such as vegan, gluten-free etc. We were very happy with quality, service, food and all. I just enjoyed the hotel life and did not have to go anywhere else.

Everything was just perfect......

Room Tip: Higher floor but avoid the room in front of the club lounge
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mehul D, Manager at The Langham, Melbourne, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you and we really appreciate your post on trip advisor. I am delighted to read that we were able to cater all your dietary requirements in the club lounge and you had the pleasure to take in the panoramic Melbourne city views that we have to offer. On behalf of my entire team at the Langham, Melbourne I look forward in welcoming you again.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

What is not to love at the Langham Melbourne! The staff are so very helpful even to the point of housekeeping sending me a box of their great hair products because I loved them. A trip to the Spa is a must, but don't expect to feel like hitting the town after because you are just so relaxed. So order room service! Good choice and well presented. Breakfast at the Melba is fantastic and you are spoiled for choice, try the chocolate or m'n'm filled nan bread, different probably bad for you but heck it's a long weekend, enjoy. Try the afternoon tea I come back for this with my daughters at least once a year, again the service is great and the staff so friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking over the river on the higher floors for spectacular views.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

I recently stayed at The Langham in Melbourne. From the time I checked in and checked out, the experience was truly wonderful. The staff were always helpful and always had a smile on their faces! I stayed in a grand classic room. The room was always clean with lots of great goodies, in the bathroom. It was handy to have the room safe and umbrella. The bed was turned down at night; it was handy to have fresh towels given at night and some yummy chocolate. I loved the pool and spa, which was very relaxing! The food at breakfast and dinner was beautiful and I loved the buffet, which is unlike any other buffet I had eaten!
I hope to visit The Langham in Melbourne again, in the not too distant future. I had the best time and I will always remember this trip!

Room Tip: Rooms away from the lift are much quieter.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for leaving us such a kind post on trip advisor. I am delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your recent stay and have the opinion that we are the best hotel that you have stayed at. Our housekeeping and restaurant teams are quiet humbled with your kind feedback about them. We certainly look forward for your next visit and are encouraged to make it another good one for you.