“Recommended without qualification”

Ranked #5 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Recommended without qualification”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

This very well appointed Hotel is ideally located in the exciting Southbank area of town, next to the arts and theatre precinct. We have stayed here from time to time and cannot fault the service, the available facilities, the competent, helpful staff and the views from our River View room. Our room was spacious with excellent bedding and all comforts including reading lights over the bed and well stocked mini bar. High quality restaurants ,bars and room service are first class. A visit (or two) to the 'Chuan Spa' is a must !
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: suggest you book a 'river view' room to take in the activities on and around the Yarra River...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
jmclaughlingrm, General Manager at The Langham, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay. We are pleased you appreciate the location of the hotel situated within the vibrant Southbank precinct and the close proximity to the CBD. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your spacious guestroom with the sweeping views of the Yarra River and City, the furnishings as well as our Langham Blissful Bed.
We agree that a stay is not complete without at least one visit to our luxurious haven, The Chuan Spa. always the ideal location to refresh the body and mind. Thank you for your recommendation we appreciate this and look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham Melbourne in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,408)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

I'd heard the Langham was a lovely hotel but was nonetheless surprised by just how wonderful it was.
This is not for the Versace set, nor the minimalists. It is a beautifully appointed, elegantly decorated hotel that does not draw attention to itself, but instead gives. I felt soothed by the decor and cared for by staff. Well done.

• Stayed March 2014
Mehul D, Manager at The Langham, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Thank you for writing us such a gracious note. It was a great pleasure to look after you and your guest. I am pleased to learn that you were able to experience the uniqueness in our hotel features and that is what Langham as a brand strives for. I am certain you will come across similar elegance in all our Langham properties. Our Langham team at Melbourne looks forward to welcoming you again for your next visit.
Reviewed March 14, 2014

How long did I wait to get here? It was so lovely. You will be very satisfied to stay here as well.

I had a "Club room package" with afternoon tea, evening drink/snack and the breakfast included and stayed on the 21st floor. Fantastic view. They catered well for special meals such as vegan, gluten-free etc. We were very happy with quality, service, food and all. I just enjoyed the hotel life and did not have to go anywhere else.

Everything was just perfect......

Room Tip: Higher floor but avoid the room in front of the club lounge
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Mehul D, Manager at The Langham, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you and we really appreciate your post on trip advisor. I am delighted to read that we were able to cater all your dietary requirements in the club lounge and you had the pleasure to take in the panoramic Melbourne city views that we have to offer. On behalf of my entire team at the Langham, Melbourne I look forward in welcoming you again.
Reviewed March 13, 2014

What is not to love at the Langham Melbourne! The staff are so very helpful even to the point of housekeeping sending me a box of their great hair products because I loved them. A trip to the Spa is a must, but don't expect to feel like hitting the town after because you are just so relaxed. So order room service! Good choice and well presented. Breakfast at the Melba is fantastic and you are spoiled for choice, try the chocolate or m'n'm filled nan bread, different probably bad for you but heck it's a long weekend, enjoy. Try the afternoon tea I come back for this with my daughters at least once a year, again the service is great and the staff so friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking over the river on the higher floors for spectacular views.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I recently stayed at The Langham in Melbourne. From the time I checked in and checked out, the experience was truly wonderful. The staff were always helpful and always had a smile on their faces! I stayed in a grand classic room. The room was always clean with lots of great goodies, in the bathroom. It was handy to have the room safe and umbrella. The bed was turned down at night; it was handy to have fresh towels given at night and some yummy chocolate. I loved the pool and spa, which was very relaxing! The food at breakfast and dinner was beautiful and I loved the buffet, which is unlike any other buffet I had eaten!
I hope to visit The Langham in Melbourne again, in the not too distant future. I had the best time and I will always remember this trip!

Room Tip: Rooms away from the lift are much quieter.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Mehul D, Manager at The Langham, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Thank you for leaving us such a kind post on trip advisor. I am delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your recent stay and have the opinion that we are the best hotel that you have stayed at. Our housekeeping and restaurant teams are quiet humbled with your kind feedback about them. We certainly look forward for your next visit and are encouraged to make it another good one for you.
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I stayed at the Langham for one night with my best friend, it was a pleasant night. The room was clean and tidy, it has a traditional vibe. I had no complaints up until it was time to check out. I had made the booking online via webjet and supplied payment details to the website for the discounted price. However, upon checkout the staff asked me for my credit card and almost deducted the full amount of the room fees (not the discounted price I had booked online). Ultimately, there was a lot of confusion and I was appalled that the staff does not know how to handle online bookings. She did continue to use the credit card for the payment. It was on my mothers card so I still dont know if there has been a double payment. Frustrating.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank thewonderlust
Bairnsdale, Australia
Reviewed March 12, 2014

The hotel was excellent, the staff could not have been more helpful and friendly. The restaurant in the hotel was really good, the choice of food for breakfast, lunch and dinner was wonderful.

We had a river view room which was lovely, just over the river we could see Flinders Street Station and Federation Square. Position of hotel is really good both for getting there by car, also for bars and restaurants along Southbank and also the street artists. Right outside the hotel there are river cruises along the Yarra and the city is just a short walk.

Our room was very comfortable, the bed felt really luxurious and we enjoyed 2 really good nights sleep, the only criticism is that some of the furniture is a little tired, but this did not detract from the comfort of the room in any way.

All-in-all a really enjoyable stay and we are looking forward to another visit.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Mehul D, Manager at The Langham, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you for posting your feedback on your recent stay.I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that you will be retuning soon for your next visit. I also notice that you enjoyed your buffet breakfast at MELBA whilst you stayed with us. I would highly recommend you to try our lunch or dinner buffet in your next visit. Melba for last few years have earned the respect of being the best buffet in town. I am positive that you will not be disappointed. Our entire team at Langham, Melbourne looks forward to welcoming you again.