WINNER WONDERLAND

The Langham, Melbourne
Ranked #4 of 157 Hotels in Melbourne
GreenLeadersSilver level
Melbourne, Australia
“The best weekend break/babymoon ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at The Langham, Melbourne and it was amazing! My only regret was booking in for 1 night - we would have loved to have stayed for longer. The service in the Club Lounge was beyond exceptional, as well as in the restaurant, Melba. Looking forward to spending our next special occassion at this wonderful hotel, or going for another weekend getaway!

Room Tip: The club spa suites are relaxing and very quiet - great for a peaceful sleep!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank L_Leung15

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,300)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

I've stayed here a few times for work, all marble and Langham trade mark pink which I've thought must always be a bit disconcerting for men. The location is great - close to all that Southbank offers as well as the art gallery and an easy walk across the bridge to the city. The rooms are comfortable, bathrooms well appointed and the breakfast is one of the best with chefs at different 'stations' or prepare omelettes etc to your taste. It just feels a bit over the top for my taste but this is the Langham experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank The_Daring_Adventure
ManagementMelbourne, Manager at The Langham, Melbourne, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for your valuable feedback. We appreciate your thoughts on our corporate colours however we have designed the rooms and the public areas to be classically elegant, reminiscent of the first grand hotel, The Langham, London which was built in 1865.

We are committed to delivering a top class hotel and trust that you left with great memories hope we can welcome you back.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

The Langham Hotel ( Melbourne) has not been awarded the "Best Australian Hotel" for 2013 for no reason! I recently spent 4 nights there needing a much needed break and recharge of the batteries and I was not disappointed in anyway that I chose the Langham! From the moment I arrived my stay went seamlessly. From check in, to concierge, 'my' room, the Bed, the River view, the club, the Chuan Spa, room service, Melba's, housekeeping, the position and above all the Staff were all simply outstanding! The Staff without a doubt (in my experience) are the backbone to the Langham's wonderful reputation. They excelled in all areas especially in the Club Room who without exception could not be more attentive and welcoming! They really provide a 'home away from home' atmosphere never forgetting your name or preferences for beverages/ food and nothing is too much trouble! It was a joy to stay at the Langham and althought it was my first visit now as a 1865 member it will certainly not be my last!

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Kate H
Launceston, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

I had rang to book a room with 2 double beds as there were 3 of us staying back in March 2013. Whilst I kept the reservation number and confirmed my booking as this is a habit I always do I was still surprised on check in that we had only been reserved a room with 2 single beds. After much discussion with reception the best they could do was push the 2 single beds together and then give us a roll away bed as the 3rd bed. The 2 single beds pushed together were vastly different as 1 was soft and 1 was firm so they didn't quite join properly. I found the lady on reception to be somewhat pleasant in trying to resolve the issue but no real empathy and lack of apology for the error. The stay itself was lovely, very close to all attractions, beautiful hotel lobby and rooms quite tasteful but not overly modern. Upon departure we were double charged as the staff member on departure did not remove the previous bank authorisation which resulted in a delay with my credit card, once this was bought to their attention it was rectified. I may stay here again however my preferred hotel in this area is Crown Towers.

Room Tip: Double check your booking, particularly if by phone and I would recommend the river rooms, beautiful...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank boats01
ManagementMelbourne, Manager at The Langham, Melbourne, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for your important feedback. We’re delighted to read that our location near attractions such as Federation Square, Flinders Street Station, the Yarra River and our hotel lobby was a highlight of your stay.

We do understand that your stay was disrupted by the confusion that must have come from when booking with our reservations team. We are pleased that our front office staff we able to think quickly to resolve the sleeping issue as we understand on that night we were fully booked. However, will be discussing your experience with our reservations and front office staff to ensure your future stays exceed your expectations.

As a 5 star Langham hotel we pride ourselves on delivering genuine service with poise and we want to assure you of our commitment to delivering a top class hotel. We hope to welcome you back.
Wodonga, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Only disapointment was we only stayed one night. Went with friend to Pink Concert and stayed at The Langham using the "Wish upon a star" package. This was a great way to share the room with 2 double beds which were super comfortable after a late night out in Melbourne. Walking distance to Rod Laver Arena and many restaurants and shops. Package included valet parking and breakfast for 2 which was very tasty. Every breakfast bar should have a chocolate fountain!!!
The rooms were very clean and comfortable, the lobby was just beautiful and the staff were VERY friendly and helpful.
A wonderful stay here and hope to re book again soon!

Room Tip: Yarra view rooms have a beautiful city skyline...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jacqualene
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed in a corner suite on an executive floor for three nights and were very impressed with our rooms and with all this hotel had to offer. There was a lot of thought behind trying to make your stay as memorable as possible. The hotel is central to the CBD and on the Southbank where there are numerous restaurants. The executive floor provided extras for when you wanted to retreat there. The rooms were beautifully presented and the beds were very comfortable

Room Tip: Corner room suites are like home away from home
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sandra L
new zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Have not stayed here for a long time, but it was very bit as good as I remembered from my last stay. A traditional 5 star hotel, that knows how to deliver. I stayed in a club room and it was well worth the extra, the lounge on the 24th floor was excellent with a good selection of food and drink. My room was very comfortable and quiet even though close to the lift. The staff are friendly and helpful and you are always greeted with a smile. A great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo