“Very elegant stay with great service”

The Langham, Melbourne
Ranked #5 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I love the Langham for its old fashioned elegance and service. It's very British in its style and I loved it. I was only here for two nights with work but brilliantly looked after. Great discreet service, amazing buffet and wonderful bar service. My room was quite small and a little old fashioned but great amenities and the toiletries are brilliant.
I left my iPad in the safe when I checked out and the hotel were so helpful in getting it back to me - great service!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank pinkbootpootle
There are newer reviews for The Langham, Melbourne

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Staying here at the end of 4 week holiday for a bit of luxury. Very efficient and friendly staff. The location is fantastic with great views of the river and city. Rooms were standard for this type of hotel and very comfortable. We had a slight issue over the rates for breakfast which we were offered at check in and which mysteriously increased when we arrived at breakfast.
We were allowed to keep our room for a 2pm checkout which is very useful.
This hotel met our expectations and we would recommend as reasonably good value for money.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Over the last few years my husband and I have treated our grandchildren with a trip to Melbourne for their birthday. The children enjoy the luxury of the Langham, the beautiful breakfast buffet each morning and its proximity to many of Melbourne's tourist venues and transport choices. The swimming pool is an additional bonus.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank meg036
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Staying here always reminds me of the luxury boutique hotels in London. From the time you arrive, greeted at the entrance for your car to be valet parked, the extra little luxuries in the room &the turn down service in the evening. The Langham is a step back in time from the modern designed hotels and has an element magic. Walking distance to the Yarra and a gluttony of restaurants, entertainment why stay anywhere else if you're looking for something special

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Petracca
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I had my wedding here on the 6th of April and it was an absolute delight. From the moment we booked Zanya (wedding co-ordinator) was a pleasure to deal with. Nothing was ever to hard. The food was so delicious and there was so much of it. No complaints from our guest saying there wasnt enough food. Also the staff were very prompt on topping up the beers and wine. Normally when you go to wedding the staff are very slow on topping up the drinks but not here. Our room (which we were up-graded too) was on the 24 floor which had the best views of Melbourne. In the morning we enjoyed the buffet breakfast which was the besst cure for my hangover :)

Cant fault the Langham and I would highly recommend having your wedding here if you are planning one or better still stay overnight. you wont be dissappointed.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MickeyD82
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Very impresses with our stay. The hotel is great at the finer touches. We purchased the package that included break fast, afternoon tea and niblles and drinks in late afternoon. This package was great as the room is on the 24th floor and has a great view of the Yarra. We had friends that satyed at another hotel and had to go go out for Breafast lunch and dinner and it cost them a furtune and we didnt need to go out at all and had the convenience of the hotel. All the staff are very friendly and professional, and have the attitude that they want to help and not just doing becase they have to. From our room service giving us more tea when they saw us as they noticed we drunk quite a bit the night before to when an elevator arrives at a floor and a staff menber holds oepn the door for you to enter, I cant fault their service. Used the pool facilities as well. Steam room and sauna great, only issue is that you have to enter through the change rooms so you can only go tho the mens or womens so cant be in it with your partner. Spa is great and huge and next to the pool area. The only thing that the hotel needs is the pool area upgareded as it looks a bit tired, but they are doing this in April/May 2013 so keep this in mind when you book incase you have no access to the pool or Spa.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 23, 2013

My husband and I were treated to a night at the Langham as a Christmas present and I can honestly say it was the most wonderful present we have received. We went to our first ever concert and spent the night at The Langham where we were treated like royalty. All the staff members from the reception staff to the restaurant staff and the room service staff were incredibly friendly, professional and generous. The food in the Melba Restaurant (we had dinner and breakfast) was amazing! My biggest problem was trying to decide what to have!!! Our room was exquisite. It was spotless and luxurious. The king bed was divine! I would absolutely recommend this amazing hotel to anyone wanting a little pampering. I only wish I had more time to explore the rest of the facilities including the pool and day spa they have.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family