“Anniversary”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Melbourne, Australia
“Anniversary”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We stayed at the Langham Hotel in Melbourne, most beautiful hotel there is. I have stayed at the Langham quite a few times and it is the only hotel I will stay at. The hotel staff are so friendly and they cannnot do enough for you. The rooms are beautifully presented, so clean and fresh. They have a wonderful buffet breakfast and they are always asking you if you would like some more coffee. This is the best hotel in Melbourne.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sajada

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,409)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I proposed to my now fiance on the balcony, overlooking the Melbourne skyline, of one of the brilliant balcony suites. The hotel staff, especially the service stylists, went above and beyond in their assistance which was really reassuring, and the hotel stay itself was beautiful, relaxing and romantic. The rooms are luxe, and you really do get what you pay for here, a great experience and one I hope to reprise.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Lincoln
Reviewed March 5, 2013

This was my third stay here in the last four years - this time 11 nights, basically for the Tennis. As before, I had a river view room (1629) and I really do think the supplement is well worth it if you like a room with a view - window right down to the floor.

My room looked directly across the river and straight up Elizabeth Street on the other side. Flinders Street railway station (great building) was in full view and to the right was the church and Federation Square. Further to the right was Princes Bridge and the iconic Melbourne trams.

A nicely appointed room with character and plenty of drawer space for clothes. Good bathroom. I asked for an early daily room make up and this was done without fail or prompting.

A really lovely, large restaurant overlooking the Yarra river. Breakfasts were excellent - a wide and varied choice but not cheap at $40 (£27.50) if not in your tariff. Room service meals were good and nicely presented and you even get a little tin of Langham mints.

The entrance/lobby/foyer are truly 5* - 'you don't get a second chance to make a first impression' and this does stay with you. If you are without your lap top then free internet access is available in the business centre via 15 minute cards from reception.

The Langham has a great central location on Southbank - it seems to be close to most places. It is in the middle of the restaurant/cafe scene, the city centre shops and railway station are only 5 minutes away via the pedestrian footbridge and underpass. Melbourne Park (tennis) and the MCG (cricket) are about a 15 minute riverside walk away. The Eureka viewing tower is around100 metres from the hotel.

If you get the chance, try and see the Sunday craft markets at Southbank and St Kilda. For tram enthusiasts, the iconic W class (elderly) trams still run on the 78 route along Chapel Street. If you like the UK pub style scene try P J O'Briens bar in Southbank.

In summary, this is a top class hotel in a great location with wonderful river view rooms and unobtrusive but exceptionally good service. I cannot think of a major or even minor niggle and it remains one of my favourite hotels.

Room Tip: Go for a river view room on a higher floor as possible - great views.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Perth, Australia
Reviewed March 5, 2013

The room was huge and classy. The toiletries supplied had everything that are ever needed. My husband commented most favourably about the shaving kit - not cheap plastic shaver. Attention to details blow me away and your reputation precede you when I told my friends that I am staying at the Langham, everyone said wow !!! and they said that I will definitely enjoy myself. The Langham has far exceeded my expectation and I will definitely recommend this to my friends who are looking for a classy hotel.

1 Thank masterchef36
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The hotel was luxurious. A bit pricey for my normal stay but since it was for business I splurged.

Great service from everyone I come in contact with.

Room was very nice. Great furnishings. King size soft bed. Lounge. Desk.

Food was superb.

I wasn’t impressed with the WiFi cost but like most hotels they try and get you with this. If you need WiFi just go out the front to the Southgate shopping centre where they have free WiFi.

Absolutely no complaints. Would happily stay there again if I had the opportunity (and money).

Launceston, Australia
Reviewed March 4, 2013

The hotel has been quick to recognize my repeat business and reward me with little gestures - nothing flash, just makes me feel welcome. Staff are present as very genuine when the y ask if they can help and if there are little things that need attention then they are quickly addressed without fuss. I left a power lead there on a previous stay and was advised it was available for collection at my next stay, when I inquired for it someone had stored it safely and a very helpful lass spent 2 hours searching for it and then advising that it had been located. Rooms are generous in space and comfort, amenities are first class. I look forward to my next business trip to the heart of the city.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 4, 2013

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at Langham Hotel Southbank last December 2012. It was absolutely a memorable experience. From the moment we walked into the majestic hotel lobby, we were greeted by friendly hotel staff. The guest room itself was stunning and immaculate. Very friendly and efficient housekeeping staff. We loved the overall ambience. Greatly recommend Langham to anyone whole is seeking luxury accommodation in Melbourne.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple