6,419 results
All reviewsmelba restaurantchocolate fountainaria baryarra riverthe club loungea river view roombeautiful hotelturn down servicehigh teasouth bankcorner roomvalet parkingbuffet breakfastfive star hotelarts centreflinders street stationold world charm
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I travel frequently to Melbourne and normally stay at the Westin Melbourne or Quay West Suites. Both are excellent hotels. However, I booked a room at the Langham because of the top Tripadvisor rating and my colleague's high recommendations. I was not disappointed. The lobby is tastefully opulent. The reception staff were friendly and efficient during check-in and upgraded my room without charge. My large room (1611) offered a beautiful view of the Melbourne skyline across the Yarra River,and the bed was firm and comfortable. I've decided to make the Langham my base for return visits to Melbourne.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Excellent location with walking along Yarra river to Crown Casino or by footbridge to Melbourne CBD and Flinders Station.

Restaurants, Cafes and shopping variety in adjacent complex.
Luxury furnishings including fresh flowers and also Grand Piano playing at key periods.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aumitchelgl
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Great hotel,facilities good,rooms spot on.
The only downside was the valet parking which was an absolute shambles,poorly organised waited for ages.
Overall rate hotel highly,would not hesitate to stay their again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
DavidLM_LanghamMelb, Guest Relations Manager at The Langham, Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Thank you for your review. It’s good to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and our various facilities. We do apologise if there was a delay with the valet parking – we have to collect all the cars from a large carpark under the adjoining Southgate centre and we do advise that this may take at least 15 minutes. We do hope that your next visit will fulfil all your expectations.
David Landis-Morse
Guest Relations

Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for one night at Langham, the hotel's beautiful and service is great. If you like old charm then this is the perfect place for you, the rooms were nice however I found the bathrooms needed updating and were on the smaller side. They even sent up a slice of mud cake which was really sweet and thoughtful. Breakfast buffet was good but I found Hilton buffet in Sydney is better. I'm not sure if it's value for money as we also stayed in Sofitel for cheaper and found that more value for money, maybe if they made aome changes to the rooms, then it would be. if it's for a romantic trip definetly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Our hotel is renowned for its classic charm and our decorating style highlights a timeless look and feel. It’s good to hear that you’d recommend us for a romantic destination – we hope you have the chance to enjoy our atmosphere and service again.
David Landis-Morse
Guest Relations

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Very good hotel! My girlfriend and I (we're from Melbourne) celebrated a special occasion here at the Langham and we loved it. It's a very nice full service 5-star hotel with all the standard 5-star bells and whistles (newspapers, 24hr room service, turndown service) but I don't think it has that 'wow' factor that certain other hotels have. Top 5 definitely, but I think the tripadvisor community is a bit misleading ranking it #1 in Melbourne - I'd personally rank Crown and Grand Hyatt higher, but that's just me.

PROS:
- Amazing buffet breakfast and even more incredible buffet lunch. Probably the best hotel buffets in Melbourne. Even if you don't stay the night here, you really should try these buffets. It also comes with great views of the Yarra river.
- Incredibly comfortable bed with very soft pillows.
- Friendly staff
- Good pool & spa & gym/relaxation area (spa could warmer, although I'm being a bit nitpicky).

No major cons. It just didn't wow us in the way a #1 hotel in a major city should. The pool area is nice without being amazing. The rooms are also nice but nothing to rave about. Except the incredible buffet breakfast and buffet lunch!!!!!

Would I stay again for a romantic getaway? Definitely, if for nothing but the food! But would I compare with other properties too? For sure.

Room Tip: All rooms are good!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple