Punthill Little Bourke
$210
$199
$182
  • Pool
Treasury On Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$182
$157
  • Breakfast included
The Westin Melbourne(Melbourne)
$204
$175
Hotels.com
  • Pool
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$158
Hotel Windsor
$148
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Alto Hotel on Bourke(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$95
  • Restaurant
Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$132
$91
Radisson
  • Restaurant
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$184
$104
  • Room Service
$251
$161
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsheart of china townwashing machinebedroom spa apartmentcohen placepunt hillchinese museumgreat locationchinese new yearher majesty's theatresmall balconyserviced dailysofa bedlaundry facilitiesstay there againcentral locationbrick walllane way
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We stayed in the Punt Hill apartments for two nights. We wanted to be Central so this was perfect. The location, in the heart of Chinatown and close to EVERYTHING is worth the less than ideal conditions. The bed was huge but covered in a thick layer of foam. I suspect that this was an attempt to cover the lumps and bumps in the bed. It succeeded but only slightly. The bathrooms as straight out of the 80's with the pump soaps and corner spa - no bench top on in front of the mirror which was surprisingly inconvenient. The noise factor on the weekend is a significant issue. The apartment has additional doors which can be closed around the bed which helped somewhat but bring your earplugs if you are on one of the lower floors. The apartment was clean, staff friendly and acceptable. I would probably stay here again but would know what I am getting and would definitely search for something of a higher standard.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Michele B, Guest Relations Manager at Punthill Little Bourke, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear LighthousefamilyOMG,
Thanks for taking the time to provide your comments regarding Punthill Little Bourke.
We do use luxurious mattress toppers which most guests find extremely comfortable; however they can easily be removed if a guest prefers a firm mattress.
Because of the central location in the city, there is always going to be some level of noise, but this is part of the Melbourne experience. We do provide excellent value for money in this outstanding location in the very heart of the hustle and bustle of Melbourne's wonderful Chinatown.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Punthill sometime in the future.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Stayed in a 1 bedroom spa apartment. It is not quit a 1 bedroom, the bed is behind 2 sliding doors, not another room. No microwave oven in the kitchen. No dryer, so don't wash your clothes
Spa was nice, but did not work properly not all jets were working.
Lighting very dim.
Swimming pool and fitness room very, very small.
A bit tied and old looking. Ok hotel but I had expected a bit better for a 4 star hotel

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Michele B, Guest Relations Manager at Punthill Little Bourke, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear liz_h255068,
Thank you for your review.
There is in fact a convection microwave in the apartment - it can be used as a microwave or as a regular oven. The washing machine is a combined washing machine/tumble dryer. We just wish yoiu had brought your concerns to our notice during your stay and we could so easily have resolved the issues. We could also have supplied an additional lamp. We are checking all spas in the building to try and find one where all the jets are not functioning. We would sincerely appreciate a call to our General Manager on 03 9916 8888 to advise which apartment number you stayed in.
We do hope that we are given the opportunity of welcoming you back to Punthill in the future and encourage you to please call down to reception if you have any concerns whatsoever.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

The Punthill Apartments are in an excellent location. The entrance is charming (well...when it isn't littered with cigarette butts) and being right in the heart of Chinatown means that there is always good food to be had. The staff were welcoming, nice and unpretentious. The apartment was what we expected, although the bathroom was a bit unclean (I mean this in a fussy way, the dirty grout between the tiles gave an overall unclean feel to the otherwise reasonable bathroom). Our shower also broke the morning we were checking out so we couldn't wash before our flight. Sometimes the room had a funny musty or wet smell when we would return in the afternoon, which may have been linked to our shower issue. We reported this during checkout and the lady was nice and very thankful.

1  Thank Eliza S
Michele B, Guest Relations Manager at Punthill Little Bourke, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Dear Eliza S,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your review of Punthill Little Bourke.
We agree that the property is ideally situated in the heart of Melbourne with many restaurants, shops, cafes and theatres just a stone's throw away.
Customer service is of course our priority so we are pleased to know that you found all staff to be pleasant and helpful during your stay, and are sorry that you had a maintenance issue in the shower. We will certainly address the 'grouting issue' you mention without delay.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Punthill in the future.

Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

These apartments are right in the middle of China town which I found fun and interesting. Our apartment was very clean and had everything we needed. Our dryer however, did not work properly. We ended up leaving with damp clothes. The staff were very friendly, they confirmed tours and pick ups for us and gave us suggestions for where to eat. Overall, I would stay again, but not do laundry.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear shell9163,
Thank you for your review of Punthill Little Bourke on TripAdvisor.
It is very pleasing to know that you enjoyed the apartments, service and location of the property.
We would appreciate you contacting us directly on 03 9916 8888 to enable us to find out which apartment you stayed in so that our maintenance team can check the dryer.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Punthill in the future.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

I would not be likely to stay here again or recommend the hotel to friends.

I never received the 3:30am wake up call that I had requested, so I am very fortunate that I wasn't purely relying on this wake up call alone to get me up in time to make it to the airport when I was checking out.

Also there was absolutely no hot water when I woke up at 3:30am to have a shower before going to the airport and this really made my stay not worth the money I spent on it, a cold shower in a cold city is not worth $160 odd dollars a night.

Another downside to my stay was that I was often woken up in the middle of the night because it sounded like someone was trying to get into my room...I am pretty sure it was just the fact that when other hotel room doors where being open and shut by other guests it made such a noise that it sounded like they were trying to open my room door.

The room was quite nice and clean with fully equiped kitchenette and it was only a 400m to where I needed to be right in the heart of melbourne, but otherwise this hotel had nothing going for it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Michele B, Guest Relations Manager at Punthill Little Bourke, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear rxqueenang,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your review of your recent stay. Whilst not altogether complimentary, we do appreciate all comments so that we can continually improve our product and service.
When you have a moment, we encourage you to contact our General Manager - Tania Sreco - on 03 9916 8888 so that she can further investigate the wakeup call incident and the hot water issue. Each apartment has its own hot water cylinder so should definitely not run out of hot water.
We do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Punthill Apartment Hotels.