“What a Wonderful Place”

Cuisines: European, French, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: La Cassolette is a little place in the city where you will find traditional French and European food cooked slowly- slowly, as at home.La Cassolette offer you also for dinner a choice of seafood and grill with the magnific Flambeed at your table.Next to the Aquarium, along Batman park and the Yarra river you will have a delicious evening in a garden but still in CBD
Reviewed March 19, 2014

My wife and I went to La Cassolette in January when we were in town for a few days of sightseeing and shopping. I just want to say how thoroughly we enjoyed our experience. The manager was firendly and professional. The food is excellent, especially for the price. The restaraunt is casually chic with beautiful views out the front window. It is also BYO which is nice. Highly recommended.

2  Thank KenPinDenver

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Found this little cosy French restaurant right on the Yarra at Rebecca Walk across the road from the Melbourne Aquarium, opposite Crown Casino. La Cassolette in French means a small casserole or stew (I'm French so I know) - and looking at the menu there were lots of familiar dishes including boeuf bourguignon, lamb Navarin and fish casserole. We were 7 people 4 kids and 3 adults so together we were able to try a good selection of the dishes. Stared with garlic and parsley calamari which was perfectly cooked and tender, plus a shared plate of charcuterie with home made pate and real saucisson which reminded me of France. Then I had the special flambee scollops with Cognac which was cooked at our table and was unbelievably delicious. It came with mash potatoes with parmesan shards. My husband had the steak - again well cooked and tender meat. It came with a ratatouille (which had to compete in taste with my mum's and yes it did stack up). I spoke to the chef to get the secret - cooking each vegetable separately first and reducing the tomato base for 4 hours. Kids had the spagetti Bolognese which they wolfed down, and the grilled chicken breast with blue cheese sauce (yes these are French kids - who also like their food !). To finish off our meal we had the panna cotta with salted caramel coulis and the banana and chocolate fondant - delicious. So if you are after an authentic really good quality meal that won't break the bank - highly recommend La Cassolette. let me know what you think....

2  Thank ClotildeBlanchet