Crown Promenade Melbourne
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Novotel Melbourne on Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$130
$123
$87
ibis
  • Bar/Lounge
Treasury On Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$165
  • Breakfast included
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$201
$125
  • Room Service
$70
$67
  • Fitness center
Art Series - The Blackman(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$170
$126
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$158
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Art Series - The Larwill Studio(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$137
$232
$230
$184
2,646 results
All reviewsmesh restauranttonic barcorner king roomcasino complexyarra riversouth bankfloor to ceiling windowsvalet parkingroom serviceeasy accessmodern hotelcity viewshort walkbuffet breakfaststandard roomgreat roommini bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Pleasant staff and check-in and out was efficiently handled.
Beds were very comfortable and amenities were satisfactory. Basic wi-fi was free. Valet parking was approx. $30 per day so chose to use the multi-storey carpark.
Good access to the casino (across covered walkway) with plenty of restaurants (good for a quick breakfast) before heading out for sightseeing, etc.
A short walk to the other side of the casino brings you out to the riverside which is a great place for a stroll on a sunny day.

Room Tip: Our room was on 9th floor - just don't request "bay views"! All you can see is the multi-storey carpark, many rooftops covered in pigeon droppings, lanes of traffic and a glimpse of blue water in the far distance.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2014

We booked a room here due to its proximity to the convention centre where we were going to watch a live show, and from the time we walked up to the check in counter to the time we checked out the experience we had was first class. On arrival we were informed that our room was ready, but there were suites available on a higher floor that we could upgrade to for a small fee (which we found out was less than half of what it normally would have cost.) so we jumped at the chance to upgrade into a spa suite on the 22nd floor. And the lovely girl behind the counter found out that this stay was a gift to my wife for her birthday, and arranged for a bottle of sparkling wine and chocolates to be sent up to our room compliments of the casino.

And the room itself was amazing, the view of the city through the floor to ceiling windows was like nothing we had ever seen before.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

Stay here few times a year on business for the spacious rooms and well located position along the promenade. Had also held a conference here as well and arranged for our attendees to stay here during the conference.
Easy connected walk to the casino, nice walk for each restaurants along Southbank, good breakfast.
It is a bit of a walk across the river to the other side for shopping and CBD exploring, but at the same time it is away from all the hustle and bustle.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed August 17, 2014

The hotel its self was lovely, unfortunately due to the extreme lack of customer service from the Employee's from the hotel i will not be returning. My mother arrived after myself & i had to fill out paperwork with her name on it so that she could go into our shared room we paid for together.
Once she arrived she was refused entry to her own room, which of course upset her very very much & being in her late 50's was quiet tired after her drive from Daylesford to Melbourne. Once she rang me in tears from reception on her own mobile phone, a staff member then grabbed her phone to speak to myself & confirm her staying as the staff had lost the form i had filled out before leaving with all her details on it!!!!! I am very discussed in the poor manner in which the staff handle the situation & then for them to use her mobile to confirm with me, i think is so very rude & extremely unprofessional!!!!!!! Finally after an hour in tears in the lobby/reception area they allowed her to enter the room she had helped pay for. No appolgies or anything!!!

Room Tip: Try a different hotel
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Becca O
Reviewed August 14, 2014

I checked in and had a Corner King room, I was expecting a room overlooking the city, instead I got a room overlooking a freeway! the only reason I booked a king corner room was so I could get a room overlooking the city (as their website perceives). Breakfast was not included and I soon found out wi-fi was $30 a night!!! (if it wasn't included in your room, at over $300 a night I expected it to be)
I woke up and went to breakfast, I was charged $33.00 for a hot meal (I think it was cheaper if you wanted cereal) The breakfast was ok, but not worth $33, I have stayed in many hotels and would have expected more for the money they charge!!
I ordered room service and prices were like a restaurant however the food was bland, I would not stay here again, even though close proximity to Crown Casino (across the road). There are better hotels around!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Greg M, General Manager at Crown Promenade Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your recent stay. Firstly let me apologise that your experience at our hotel did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

A number of our hotel rooms do offer lovely views and, where possible, our staff are happy to investigate other room options for our guests if necessary.

Our dynamic rate structure varies depending on when you stay and there are packages available which include breakfast and valet parking. We do have complimentary WIFI available in all rooms and I apologise that this was not explained to you.

I hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back in the near future for a more positive experience or alternatively you may wish to consider one of our other properties, Crown Towers or Crown Metropol.