Crown Promenade Melbourne
Novotel Melbourne on Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$133
$127
  • Restaurant
Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$145
$116
$285
$216
  • Pool
Travelodge Hotel Melbourne Docklands(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$96
$73
Hotels.com
  • Free Internet
Oaks On William(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$126
$104
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$168
$97
  • Restaurant
Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$101
$95
  • Room Service
$239
$189
  • Pool
Art Series - The Larwill Studio(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$129
$108
Agoda.com
  • Fitness center
2,641 results
All reviewsmesh restauranttonic barcorner king roomcasino complexyarra riversouth bankfloor to ceiling windowsvalet parkingroom serviceeasy accessmodern hotelcity viewshort walkbuffet breakfaststandard roomgreat roommini bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We stayed here for one night in march on a Monday night. Good service great bed and view we stayed on 17th floor in the cheapest room. Very easy to walk from multi level carpark ($15 for 24hrs cheaper then any other parking near by) to the hotel and crown all easy access. Ask for a view of the river if your lucky you might get one. Shower is big but shower head not the best but does the job fine. Would stay her again in corner view room.

Room Tip: Ask for a view try and check on time as that's how they work out rooms stay on week days cheaper.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alish1
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I was completely and utterly disappointed with my stay at Crown Promenade over the weekend.

We booked three rooms 3 weeks prior to the stay. We called the hotel up to confirm that we wanted all double beds twin rooms. We were assured that have been noted on the bookings.

We arrived at 7 pm to check in and was told that there was no note of any kind on any of the bookings and that we were all given standard double rooms (with one bed). The only option was to pay for another room. We were asked if we took down the name of the person who took the original phone call as there is no notes on the system stating otherwise. If I was aware of how incompetent Crown staffs were that incompetent I would have indeed taken down their name, a reference number and maybe call 3 times before the booking to ensure our rooms were indeed the correct rooms!

Instead of actually believing that their staff could make such a complete blunder on the booking of three rooms, they basically said "sorry, can't help you much, just book another room". No offer of a discount or complimentary breakfast or anything as though it was our stupidity for not taking down the name of their incompetent staff. Yeah, great customer service.

To add insult to injury, my room wasn't even cleaned properly. When we finally got to bed after dinner, I found that my blanket was filled with body hair. It was utterly disgusting. I called down to the concierge to request the blanket to be changed immediately and two new pillows. A hotel staff brought around two pillows but didn't bring a blanket. I told him I also requested a blanket as this one seems to not have been cleaned properly. He then bought a king single blanket! By then I was completely irritated and fed up so left the issue at that even though we had to share a blanket between two adults and a child.

To further worsen the problem, upon checking out, I provided my credit card for incidental purposes. This card was different to the card presented at check in (where a imprint) was taken. What did Crown do? They took a further imprint of approximately $480 on the Sunday. You know what the great thing was? Not one person in Crown could tell me how this actually happened as they even admitted that my credit card was not used at check in and no extra charges were incurred. Fortunately, credit to where credit is due, their income auditor was very helpful and efficient. Maybe she should teach the rest of the staff a thing or two about customer service?

The view was amazing but if you're after some decent services then don't bother with this place. We would not ever be staying here again and I speak on behalf of 8 adults. I will also be ensuring that my company never book again with this hotel when any of our staff travels to Melbourne.

A bad review travels much further than a good one. Remember that next time you train your staffs.

Room Tip: Take down the name of the staff you're talking to, they can't be trusted to be competent enough to do the right thing.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jane D
Greg M, General Manager at Crown Promenade Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Thank-you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Crown Promenade Melbourne. It was very disappointing to read of your experience with us and please accept my sincere apologies. We would appreciate discussing the points you raised in more details and would appreciate a call on 9292-8160 at your convenience.

Hopefully you will give us another opportunity in providing a more positive experience should you decide to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

We stayed at the Crown Promenade on 3rd March for 6 nights. The room was very nice, clean and comfortable. The staff were friendly, knowledgeable and very helpful. There are many restaurants, shops, casino, food court and cinema within this hotel complex. It is in a lovely location next to the river and just a short walk into the city centre. We also booked The Great Ocean Road Tour through the concierge and this is a must do trip when visiting Melbourne.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Very good. Bathroom basin had a lot of mould in silicon joints. Friendly staff. Conference facilities where very impressive. Staff where very professional and couldn't do enough. Doorman was very welcoming as my car arrived. Food .... Nice, restaurant staff.... Helpful

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 17, 2014

This modern five star hotel is handily located to southbank, a short walk from the convention centre and above greta shops and the casino, if you need to lose some money. The restaurants in the complex are great. My new favourite place to stay on business in melbourne.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at the Crown Promenade Melbourne.

We are very conveniently located on Southbank, just next to the MECC and only a short work into the CBD it’s a great place to base yourself whilst staying in Melbourne.

Thanks again for the positive comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.