“There for a conference, would stay again for sure”

Crown Promenade Melbourne
Ranked #24 of 158 Hotels in Melbourne
GreenLeadersSilver level
Australia
“There for a conference, would stay again for sure”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

I stayed at the Promenade during a conference that was held there and on that experience alone, I would stay there again. I think it is very much suited to the business traveller or for shortish stay holidays. I am a fan of apartments for more than a few days so am a little biased there. The property was immaculate, the service impeccable. Part of the Crown Casino precinct, it is located just behind the casino and from the 15th floor, I could not hear any external noise at all. The room was beautifully appointed, the king bed and pillows very comfy and the view from the day bed along the floor to ceiling windows a real highlight for me. I spent many hours laying there staring at nothing or reading a book. The room service menu was a little limited for my liking but both in-room meals I had were delivered quickly, piping hot and perfectly cooked. The water pressure in the over-size shower was better than expected and I made the most of the free wi-fi for business use. I also used the gym, pool, spa and sauna and spent an average of 2 hours there every evening. It was bliss!!! I happily recommend this property for the business, solo or couples traveller. Plenty to do, I walked to the city, bought a new laptop and walked back to the hotel without any trouble. As a conference venue, I rate the property highly, probably one of the best I have been at.

Room Tip: I requested a high floor with a city view and was not disappointed.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank goldie01

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (527)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night on the relax package which included accommodation, parking and breakfast. Room was clean and well appointed. Great view to the bay. Breakfast was OK, but nothing fancy. Location is great, very easy access to the city.Check in was quick and easy. Did have a problem with our room keycard not able to operate the lift.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Bunbury, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for a couple of nights while on business, was really impressed with location, service, Tonic Bar, room was on a corner, which gave us a awesome view of the city. Absolutely recommend this place, but I am sure a lot people would already agree, as it was busy. The rooms are modern, and fresh. Love it, definitely be back!

• Stayed October 2012
kuala lumpur
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

I stayed at the Crown Promenade last week. The room was decently sized and furnitures were arranged in such a way that it creates an impression of spaciousness. Breakfast was standard fare but nevertheless excellent. Will definitely stay again on my next trip.

Location is next to Crown casino and Southbank, so you have access to the multiple restaurants there.

Only complaint I have is the internet charges @25 per day is steep as well as the rate is per device. I did not read the small print and connected via my iPad and laptop. Had to pay double. My fault but the sign should have been made clearer.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank shankark
Brisbane
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

Excellent hotel with good service and extremely well located for the Southbank precinct, the cbd and the conference centre. More restaurants nearby than can be sampled in one visit . Good rooms and great sleep.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank aquarianmark
Swindon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

This was our final destination on a 3 week Australian holiday. First impressions were not great. We were checked in by the duty manager on the 1st October - I don't think the hotel was overly busy as this was a public holiday. The said receptionist/duty manager was void of personality and unwelcoming, only interested in trying to sell us a more expensive room. I realise this is common practise in numerous hotels but it was his manner that was poor. I enquired about the possibility of late check out 5 days later and was told yes I could get it at a cost of $150. I was later given the same for free when asking a more helpful receptionist.
Having said that the rest of our stay was good. Rooms are clean, modern and comfortable. The hotel is well situated on Southbank within easy walking distance of many restaurants - I highly recommend Moveda on Tattersalls Lane where you don't need a booking if you're prepared to wait for a table or seat at the bar.
Obviously the crown casino is next door if you fancy a gamble - give it a go as the Aussies I played poker against were awful - thanks for the $1500 dollars!
I would return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ExiledSc0t
Greg M, General Manager at Crown Promenade Melbourne, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank-you for taking the time to let us know about your stay.

Firstly accept our apologies if you felt the Duty Manager was not accommodating with your late check-out request. As your original request was for a 5pm check-out on a Saturday we offered a discounted fee which was substantially less than the normal 1/2 day charge we would apply for check-outs at or after 5pm. We were then happy to offer you a complimentary check-out at 12pm as this gave us enough time to have the room cleaned for our next guest who would expect the room to be ready at 2pm.

We were pleased to read you enjoyed the locality of the Hotel in close proximity to many restaurants and had fun playing in the Casino.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Crown Promenade in the near future.

Kind regards,

Greg Moore
Crown Promenade
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

I've stayed at all three Crown hotels in Melbourne many times this year. Promenade is the 4.5 star lower level hotel of the three, but an equally quality hotel. The rooms are not as big as the other two hotels, but thoughtfully furnished and comfortable. I would certainly stay here in preference to Metropol (which I find dindgy and stuffy). The staff are friendly, and the rooms spotlessly clean.
The pool and spa are also well set out and a good temperature.
If you do stay in an upgraded Corner room, ask for one on the western side of the hotel, as the early morning sun seems to come through in the east facing rooms (poor curtain cover on the east window in all rooms of this type on this side of the hotel).

Room Tip: Choose a western side corner room, and avoid the eastern corner rooms if you don't like the earl...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple