“Great Family Location”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Sydney
“Great Family Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed here with my wife and 12 yo son for a relaxing few days.
Pool was excellent, restaurants were good, son enjoyed Gallactic Circus (video games area in basement.
Only downside was the long walk around to front of building, as minors cannot traverse the gaming floor (unlike Vegas, where they can walk through if they don't stop).
Price was ok at $200 per night and meals in restaurants suit all budgets, from KFC to a $100 steak.
A bit less swanky than the towers, but same high level of amenity.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (527)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel back in August and I was so pleased to have a fantastic wall to wall view of Melbourne CBD (Im sure this varies based on the apartment selection). Not only was the room spotless, the service was efficient with the three departments I was in contact with (Room service, front desk and concierge/valet parking) were fantastic. The staff are so respectful and nothing is a hassle. I'd stay here again in a heart beat.

• Stayed August 2012
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed at the Crown Promenade 2 weekends ago. Went to Melbourne for a conference. The location couldn't be anymore perfect. Within walking distance to the Exhibition Centre and right on the river with plenty of restaurants, shops and entertainment on its doorstep.

Hotel room was large, very clean and well serviced with a massive bathroom. Also, very quiet, which was unusual considering the hotel's location.

Staff are very courteous.There is so much to do at the Crown Complex to the point that you don't have to set foot outside the building if you don't want to. There is plenty to do indoors with some classy venues as well as more relaxed places to eat, drink and be entertained....

Loved every second of my stay and am planning a short break there again in December.

Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

I regularly travel to Melbourne on business and have stayed in probably a dozen different hotels. The Promenade never fails to impress and I have stayed there more than 50 times. The rooms are always clean. The bed is comfortable and the pillows are particularly nice - I wonder how many get taken? Hopefully none since you can purchase them! Staff are very helpful and polite. Some of them remember my name from previous visits. The gym/spa is great and the pool is quite spectacular with and infinity edge and views across the city. I am often given a corner room which is a little larger - nice touch although the standard room is quite large enough anyway. The hotel is rated as 4 star however it is better in most respects than 5 stars hotels I have stayed at. I recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: The corner rooms are nice but don't be disappointed if one isn't available - they're all...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

The Promenade is part of the Crown empire which appears to take up large parts of the city. There was little to complain about but little to also not much to rave about. Sort of bland. The hotel has an air bridge to the casino for the gamblers, and there are some noticeable restaurants there. Why WIFI costs $25 per day per day is a continuing mystery tomthismrviewer. Time for major hotels to include this facility as part of the tariff.

Canberra, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

The Crown Promenade is located in the Crown complex along with a couple of other hotels. The location is on Southbank on the southern edge of the CBD and it is a 10 - 15 minute walk to the city, but the walk is flat and enjoyable.

The hotel is modern with spacious rooms and lovely views from the upper floors. My room on the 19th floor overlooked the city and was very clean and comfortable. The main annoyance was a leaking shower rose that would not stop dripping no matter how tightly the taps were turned off.

I was attending a function at the Casino and the convenience factor was the reason I chose the Promenade. I did not choose the hotel because of price, for the standard room rate is upwards $270 per night, which is over the top for what you actually get, in my opinion.

I was efficiently dealt with at reception although my name was spelled incorrectly and the receptionist could not find my reservation initially (never a good moment). I had the reservation confirmation with me, so it was sorted out quickly.

I took breakfast in the hotel and was shown to a table for two that was right next to another table with a couple sitting at it. There were many free tables, so why I (eating alone) was plonked down virtually in the lap of complete strangers, I know not. It was very awkward and I should have said something, but by the time I realised what was happening, to say something at that moment would have caused emabarassment to the other couple, as well as to the waitress. Solo diners liking a bit of space, beware!

The breakfast itself was of your usual business hotel standard, although they did have an Asian selection as well. The scrambled eggs were a big let down as they had the consistency of a warm, sugarless custard tart filling. It perplexes me how often large hotels get this breakfast staple so wrong.

If you are attending a function at Crown then this is a pleasant, comfortable, convenient hotel and far cheaper than Crown Towers in the same complex. If your company is paying and putting you up here, then you really shouldn't have cause for complaint. If you are travelling at your own expense, I would really only stay here were I attending a dinner at Crown and did not wish to stagger too far back to my hotel. At these prices, though, one night is my limit.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Greg M, General Manager at Crown Promenade Melbourne, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel.

We get a lot of positive feedback about our proximity to the Southbank and the CBD which is only a short walk or a few minutes by cab. We were disappointed to read about your arrival experience as misspelt names can cause unnecessary anxious delays. We will also be speaking to our Housekeeping department as the leaking shower should have been noted during the process of cleaning the room. We have Maintenance personal available 24hrs a day to assist with any shower leaks or other issues which may arise. In regards to your seating at breakfast we will certainly discuss this with our Restaurant Manager as our guest’s comfort is our highest priority.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused by the issues you encountered and please contact us on (03) 9292 8160 should you be returning to the hotel so we can make all the necessary arrangements for you and ensure you have more positive experience.

Kind regards,

Greg Moore
Crown Promenade
Dunedin, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

Stayed 2 nights on business. Room very clean and spacious. Was funny to find that when standing under the shower, a full length mirror reflects you back. Would scare some people I'm sure. Great city view from 18th floor.
Had meetings in CBD and dined at night so the 15 minute walk across the river was a pleasant break. Very convenient.
Staff was excellent and service great except I had to ask for tea twice at breakfast and it took me considerable effort to catch someone's attention. They seemed short staffed. And as you tend to be in a hurry at breakfast when on business, this was annoying.
But otherwise, a very good place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Greg M, General Manager at Crown Promenade Melbourne, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to post a review.

Whilst it was good to read that the service provided to you by the staff was excellent – we will be passing on your feedback about the breakfast service as being attentive to our guest’s needs are of paramount importance to us. Please accept our apologies for this and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards,