“Very good hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 157 Hotels in Melbourne
Burton-on-Trent
“Very good hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

A very good hotel in a good location south of the Yarra River. The staff were very friendly and helpful (there were staff to open the doors of the hotel for us - as if we were royalty!). It is easy to walk to the city centre from this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Greg M, General Manager at Crown Promenade Melbourne, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Thanks for the terrific review.

Your positive comments will be shared with our team who take immense pride and care to ensure our guests enjoy their stay with us.

Crown Promenade Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (481)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

The views were stunning from our room, with floor to ceiling windows in bedroom and bathroom.
The staff were very helpful as we had arived to see the Grand Prix but our tickets were still in England. We were given directions to the transport for the day, and had a fantastic time. The hotel is well placed for transport around the town and has a courtesy bus if needed. A wonderful stay -would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thanks for the positive review.

Many of our guests comment on and appreciate the views from our rooms which isn’t always the case with city hotels. As we’re located on Southbank it’s only a small walk into the city centre or you are more than welcome to take our complimentary hotel shuttle with stops throughout the city.

Thanks again for the review and hopefully we’ll see you back for next years’ GP.

Denpasar
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

I stayed here 8 - 13 Feb 12. Room & breakfast were great, but staffs were not helpful. I booked the room included breakfast. One day prior to check out, I asked for our bill and apparently they charged the breakfast again. I showed the reception staff my booking confirmation letter where I have booked & paid for breakfast. It was a bit dispute as the supervisor mentioned couldn't take out all the breakfast charge due to system restriction, but finally it was solved after handled by another supervisor. I finally found out that the breakfast was charged again as the supervisor who handled the check in didnt give me the breakfast coupon. Second experience, I asked for scale to concierge, he mentioned didnt have any. I mentioned my friend who checked out the day before got the scale from concierge. Then he asked my friend's room number, he mentioned the room is occupied by other guest now so he couldnt take the scale out now. Then I mentioned the housekeeping staff should take the scale back when they cleaned up the room after guest check out. Then the staff promised to give me early morning the following day. Fortunately he came to send the scale to my room 1 hour afterwards. Third experience, I asked for courier service to the concierge. I need to send some stuffs to Perth prior to check out (I check out Monday morning), but since it was Sunday the concierge staff ask me to arrange with the Business Centre. When I called business centre they asked me to arrange to concierge. They sent me back & forth. I dont considered this as a 4 or 5 star hotel service.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel.

I was disappointed to learn of the service issues you experienced as this is not characteristic of our usual standards, please accept my sincere apologies.

We would like the opportunity to discuss your experiences further so please contact us at your convenience on (03) 9292 8160.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

At late notice we could not get into Big Brother next door so chose Promenade. With Kids its hard to find big rooms that don't kill you on price. The room was fine, no bath which nice hotels should have. Ever showered a 3 year old!? Huge TV and a great view of the city. The pool is really good and lots of fun, a good view and good temperature. The service was good all round and room service was good value and delicious. The Nasi Goreng could have flown in from Indonesia.
All in all good fun and a good value place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a view on the river side away from the noisy lift areas.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thanks for choosing to stay at Crown Promenade Hotel.

We were glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, it’s great to read you enjoyed our heated pool which many of our guests enjoy. Thanks again for your positive comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Crown Promenade last week for a conference. Have found the staff to be friendly. The room was available when we arrived to check in before noon. The room decor was rather basic and looked rather tired. Unfortunately the room smelled musty and air conditioning could not be set to cooler temperature. Rather unpleasant. We requested a twin room and am pleased that there were two double beds. It has your basic amenities, coffee tea making and an iorning board and iron. Breakfast spread at Mesh was adequate and I believe breakfast tariff is the cheapest out of the three hotels. Hotel also offers shuttle buses to various locations in the city. Hotel staff found to be very friendly and helpful. If I were to choose between this hotel and Crown Metropol I would choose the latter simply because the tariff is cheaper, room is newer and I prefer the contemporary look. If you want a good and cheap breakfast, and do not mind walking into the casino, do consider having breakfast at Margo's. It is cheap (heavily subsidized by the players!). We later checked out of this hotel and stayed two nights at the Crown Towers. The bell desk transferred my luggages over and into the room when it became available. See my review also on the Crown Towers.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thanks for your comments, it was pleasing to read that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful and your comments will be passed on which will be appreciated.

Whilst we were happy you found our twin room with two queen beds to your liking, your constructive feedback about the room which will be reviewed by our Housekeeping Manager.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

Had a lovely nights stay. The check in was fast and efficient. Our room was clean and ready on arrival. All the staff we came across were very friendly- the valet, the girl who checked us in, the girl who bought our luggage to our room and the guy who bought our room service to our room. He even recommended what movie we could watch on On Demand ($16.95 per movie). Speaking of room service, we only waited half an hour for our food- very efficient.
A good tip is look online on various sites for deals, as just a room is costly. We paid $265 for our room which included breakfast for two( nice ), valet parking (usually $30), late check out and Lindt chocolates.
The bed was comfortable, there were magazines in the room to read (sitting on the window seat looking out the floor to ceiling window) and loved that you could set the alarm on the tv- tv starts playing as your alarm.
The only cons with this hotel is that the spa next to the pool is a pathetic attempt at being a spa. Only three jets were working. Mind you this was also the case last year when we stayed here. I guess it does not get serviced that often. But still a nice place to unwind. Also we forgot our toothbrush. Usually in the past there are complimentary ones in the room. This time not so, we called concierge and were told we could have one at a cost of $3. We bought one, but really that is sad to ask someone to pay for such a small item.
Anyway overall the location is great. Across the road from Crown casino, a short walk to Southbank and the city centre. Trams run on both sides of the casino/hotel do transport is no problem.

• Stayed April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thanks taking time to let us know about your stay.

It was pleasing to read that you received efficient and friendly service and your comments will be passed onto the staff who always endeavour to make sure our guest have a great stay. We will be discussing your points raised about the Pool Spa with our Maintenance Manager for his review to ensure we’re meeting our guest’s expectations.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

I stayed here with my husband and our 3 year old daughter for 4 nights.My husband had a conference to attend to and I was thankful at how well located this hotel is.I enjoyed walking along the South Bank and the food court was a great place to eat.The room was spacious and 2 twin/queen beds.The mattress and pillows were exceptionally comfortable and we slept very well in the nights.The manager- Kerrie- was v helpful and arranged a later checkout as our flight was not till the evening.I would definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family