“Fantastic barman, helped me in 40+ degrees”
Review of Transport Hotel

Transport Hotel
Ranked #1,143 of 5,313 Restaurants in Melbourne
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed January 31, 2019

After walking much too far in the sweltering heat I just about made it into the Transport Bar. A very kind barman fetched me cold drinks and sat me under the air con. I appreciated his kindness as sometimes hard to find in such a busy city.

Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed January 9, 2019

I guess you are paying for the location and the view. Food is maybe 20% higher than it should be. But in such a tourist Mecca as fed square I still think that is acceptable. Nice food, service pretty ordinary.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed August 15, 2018 via mobile

Had lunch here on our way to the MCG for a Sunday afternoon game. We were seated promptly and served in good time. Fish and chips was a big serving and I couldn't eat it all but it was a really good meal.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 9, 2018

great for a few quick drinks after work as flinders st station is directly across the road. You can also grab a bite to eat food is good too and service generally is pretty quick.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed July 6, 2018 via mobile

We waited 25 minutes for our drinks. I had to ask where our drinks were after I saw other tables getting their drinks. These tables had arrived after us.

After nearly an hour I asked where our meals were.
They delivered our meals and one order was wrong!!!!
I went away hungry!

They did take our two drinks (wine and soft drink ) off the final bill.

Will never visit here again!!!

Date of visit: July 2018