WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Mercure Melbourne Therry Street

Mercure Melbourne Therry Street
Ranked #92 of 157 Hotels in Melbourne
Dublin
“Great value, nice rooms and centrally located”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

I got a really good deal online here, prepaid special so got my room for about a $120 mid week so can't complain about the price.

Hotel is centrally located, 2 mins walk from the famous Victoria market. There's a good selection of reasonably priced Asian restaurants on the streets around.

Room very nice, luxurious and beds comfy. Great view over the city and got a lovely nights sleep,

Only complaint is the wifi, you are charged for it first of all. Every hotel in Asia offers it for free so why is it charged in Australia. It was also complex to log onto. Needs your room number and surname to login. Had trouble so rang reception and was advised just to try different versions of my name with capitulation. Finally got on but really should be free.

Overall, really nice stay, great price and would definitely return!!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
MercureTherryStreet, Manager at Mercure Melbourne Therry Street, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Good morning

Thank you for your email. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and managed to pop across the road to the markets. They have an amazing selection of food and their is always something exciting happening.

With regards to wifi, we offer all our valued Silver, Gold and Platinum LeClub members complimentary wifi, and during the month of April, we are offering all guests who enrol in LeClub complimentary wifi for their first stay.

For those guests who are not LeClub members, we offer 30 minutes complimentary in the Business Centre.

Tamie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Indonesian first
Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

I stayed there for two nights and was not very much impressed. Location is convenient and hotel is relatively new but close to a construction site. Biggest issue is the noise in the room during night, mainly due to the aircondition and the ventilation in the bathroom that can't be switched off. Difficult to sleep without earplugs because the bed is just next to the bathroom.

Choice at breakfast is very much limited and restaurant has a very dark and not very much inviting ambiance. But bigger issue is attitude of staff at breakfast. When I asked for hot milk the lady denied my wish by telling me "we don't have hot milk" although there was a fully equipped kitchen in her back. Such a lazy work attitude! I then asked her to heat up some milk what she finally did (but not without showing me by her pained expression how much bored she was by my request). This employee should definitely not work in a hotel.

The only very much positive aspect was Sophie, one of the receptionists. She was very friendly and had a very good and professional work attitude.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
      Location
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
MercureTherryStreet, Manager at Mercure Melbourne Therry Street, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Good morning

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Could you please contact me on 9637 6610 or sales@mercuretherrystreet.com.au with the room number you stayed in so that I can have our maintenance team check the air-conditioning and extractor fans. These items do not make sound so I would like to have them serviced ASAP.

I have also discussed your feedback with regards to the restaurant with the supervisor as this is very concerning. We will be conducting some retraining to ensure this does not happen again. I apologise for the issues experienced.

Mackay, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

I stayed here on business at a time when Melbourne was heavily booked with the Grand Prix and Fashion Week, so it was not my first choice and for this reason wouldn't stay there again as I have preferred hotels in Melbourne. Having said that, it is a good hotel.

The rooms are fresh with a great sized desk (which I love!) and also the other big bonus for this hotel was the opening windows (yeah!) and lots of natural light. There was construction going on next door which will be happening for a while so that was a bit noisy early in the morning.

Room service food was ok. The big letdown was the housekeeping, but once this was brought to Tamie's attention she fixed it immediately. The staff are a bit hit and miss, but Sandra was great! Price was very good.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MercureTherryStreet, Manager at Mercure Melbourne Therry Street, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Good afternoon

My apologies for the Housekeeping issue you experienced during your stay. I have addressed these with the team and the staff member concerned has received further training to ensure that it does not happen again.
Should you need accommodation again in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me on my direct email and I will ensure you are looked after.