TripAdvisor

Cuisines: Spanish, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We walked into Bomba and were pleasantly surprised. Excellent service and really delicious food. Definitely the best meal we had in Melbourne- tasty luscious lamb ribs, soft and flavoursome braised pork jaw with cauliflower mash, crispy potata. Must try!

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (407)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My friend and I had just finished seeing a show at the Comedy Theatre and were looking for somewhere to eat when we stumbled upon Bomba. We were warmly greeted by staff and promptly seated. The menu was explained to us but we were guided toward the 9 plate taster menu to share which we ordered. It was an excellent selection of their food and we were not disappointed. The charcoal grilled corn with dried maize was amazing (I mean it's got to be tasty to rave over corn right?) For a little extra I had the Bomba mess for dessert and I can highly recommend it. The young waitress who served us was friendly and efficient as were all staff members we came across. I will go back again when I have time for a more leisurely meal and order a la carte. I am happy to recommend Bomba.

Reviewed September 9, 2019

Pre-show evening drinkies in a rooftop bar, five floors up. Tapas menu with treetops-meets-twinkling skyscraper city vista. Five minutes from the Comedy Theatre, perfect.

Reviewed September 6, 2019 via mobile

We visited for a pre-theatre dinner. We had excellent service, the food was fast and delicious, I’d highly recommend.

1  Thank JoBromley
Reviewed September 1, 2019 via mobile

I want to rate this restaurant higher and I’m sure I’ll go back but it was understaffed for the 5pm pre theatre rush.
They offer a pre show fixed menu so went for that with a drink. First course arrived before drinks. Generally then food took awhile to come out.
Food was good but we had to leave some in order to get to show on time. A real shame.
You could sense some stress in the staff and I don’t blame them.
Need more staff.