Punthill Manhattan
  • Fitness center
  • Free Internet
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)
  • Pool
All reviewsflinders lanebedroom apartmentcollins placeexposed concretegreat locationcar park next doorrod laver arenamain living areagarbage trucksthese apartmentswashing machinestayed here for nightsshower headclean tidynatural lightwithin walking distancelarge bathroom
Reviewed January 31, 2009

We stayed in a three bedroom apartment on the 5th floor. The apartment was clean and furnished nicely. I liked the exposed brickwork and cement. We were extremely grateful for the airconditioning, without it we would have melted in the 44 degree heat. It was in easy walking distance of the city, Rod Laver Arena and Southgate, we even ventured as far as Docklands. The free city link trams are only a short walk away for those who do not like walking. Like any inner city accommodation there is always noise to consider, such as traffic etc, but who stays in a city apartment and expects a whisper quiet location. Our apartment was serviced every day, it was nice to come home to fresh towels and a bed that had been made by someone else. The only drawback was there was only one two seater couch in the lounge area, which for bigger groups may be a bit annoying. Overall we had a great stay and would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 23, 2009

Great place to stay, we had a 2 bedroom apartment to stay in. 2 Adults & 3 Children. Adluts had nice big bed in one room, 2 children had 2 single beds in there room & 1 child on the fold out bed in the living room.
Hotel staff were great and very helpfull and was fully servicable so we had to just get up and go in the mornings and everything done when we came back, Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!

Inner circle free tram was only 3 minutes walk & you can link up from there to go anywhere you like in Melbourne.
Melboure was the Dinnine, Sporting & Shopping capital in Australia.

Only problem with the stay is the pool area, don't think you are going to be able to swim with the kids it's only 15 feet long.
But we will not be going back with Children to melbourne and we would stay here again

Price was very good as well all nice and clean

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed November 23, 2008

Stayed here as part of a team trip in one of their 3 bedroom apartments.
Nice property in good location within walking distance of the sights.
Parking next door is not the cheapest but is the best option.
The elelvator although small serves it's purpose.
The 3 bedders are pretty large. Laundry facilities, island bench kitchen. Bedrooms are functional- we had 6 singles in there.

Good value

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank wildflowerb
Reviewed August 9, 2008

I travelled to Melbourne in June this year and chose this hotel for the location. Right in the city but far enough away from the noisy part of Flinders/Swanston. The hotel itself was easy to find - especially using the free shuttle service from the Skybus terminal. Reception was incredibly efficient and helpful and the room itself was huge! Beautifully presented, a great view, clean and spacious, what more could you want? The kitchen was massive and had everything I needed for my stay - as well as many things I didn't need!

I stayed for three nights and only had two complaints, the first that internet access from the hotel was very expensive, but that wasn't too bad considering there are many other options for internet access in the city at a much more reasonable price. My second complaint was that the occupants of the room next to me on the last night were loud enough to wake me from my sleep - and I am a deep sleeper! At one point I actually thought they were going to crash through my bedroom wall! It sounded like they were playing football in there!

Other than that, a great hotel, in a great location. A bit of a walk to find somewhere nice to eat in the early mornings but walking through the streets of Melbourne is one of my favourite things to do so I didn't mind that at all.

I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled solo
3  Thank Nomadic-Nikki
Reviewed August 7, 2008

Will never go back. Had organised a girl's weekend after looking at previous reviews. Booked months in advance and checked at least 3 times that my 2 bedroom apartment was available - including calling just before I left. Arrived 2 days later and was told that I couldn't have the room as a long stay person wanted it. Was told that they contacted me the night before by email but I didn't respond (but I was travelling on holiday) They offered me 2 one bedroom suites but we wanted to be all together. Was told that it was too bad and that I was their first "problem" . Their treatment was a real downer on my holiday and would have expected better service for the price we were paying. (and then they overcharged me anyway.)
Kitchen great but sofa beds extremely uncomfortable.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends