“Great location and wonderful service. Highly recommended!”
Review of Punthill Manhattan

Punthill Manhattan
Ranked #89 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I arrived very early Friday morning and even thought couldn't check in until 2pm the guys on the desk let me leave my bags and gave me a key to the gym downstairs to freshen up. After only 3 hours sleep I needed it! Luckily for me I got a call around midday to say my room was available - so very thankful as I was exhausted. The room was decent size for one person and it was serviced regularly. The hotel is in a great location if you just want to stay close to the city. A few minutes away from the CBD so it was a bit quieter. Will definitely go back!

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank Ezzie_84
There are newer reviews for Punthill Manhattan

Reviewed August 8, 2012

My partner and I stayed here for 4 nights about a week back. I wasn't expecting a huge amount as it was quite cheap. However, it really surpassed my expectations. We stayed in a one bedroom apartment which was huge and very well maintained. It has a great Manhattan loft style feel. The location is just brilliant. A well appointed kitchen as well. My only faults is the shower - is quite tiny and could be a bit bigger. And the mattresses do sag a bit but I didn't find that a problem. We were in one of the back rooms which was very quiet.

Basically - I highly recommend it. For what we paid it was excellent value.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Musogirl231
Reviewed July 26, 2012

This place feels like a NewYork loft apartment and its location is perfectly positioned in the Paris end of Melbourne CBD. Everything is within walking distance. We had 3 BDR for 4 people. The aircon was a bit difficult to figure out as it was missing the dials and the internal phone didn't work. The staff were extremely friendly and played along with our girls getaway themed vacation. They followed up on a restaurant request. This place feels very private and is perfect if wanting to self cater. The mattress began to sag after the 2nd night and the garbage trucks can be a little noisy in the morning but you are in the middle of a busy city. The bathroom was enormous and the balcony a fun people watching vantage point. Mamasita restaurant is just around the corner and highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 18, 2012

My wife and I and another couple stayed 4 nights in adjacent apartments. The 1 bedroom apartments are perfect with everything you need for a short stay. For the price I doubt you could find better so handy to everything. You are close to shops, cafes, transport and yet you still feel you have maintained your privacy. The staff are most helpful and the rooms expertly serviced. We will definately be returning next year, in fact we are already looking forward to it.

Room Tip: Corner rooms give a great view of Flinders Lane.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We spent 3 nights here on our trip to Melbourne. We weren't expecting too much, considering the price and location, but were seriously surprised at how nice these apartments are. The apartments themselves are very spacious, with generously proportioned living, dining and kitchen space, good sized bedroom and bathroom.

The apartments are based on old school concrete Manhattan style loft apartments, with huge windows along one wall. Don't expect much of a view, but if you're facing the back the rooms are very quiet. The decor is very fresh, the rooms were exceptionally clean and everything we were looking for. The kitchens are well laid out and have everything you could possibly need. There's also the bonus of a washing machine in the bathroom (great if you're traveling or staying longer for business).

Although we didn't find it until the last day, there's a huge hot tub in the basement.

The location is very central, with easy access to most of central Melbourne. We would definitely stay here again when in Melbourne.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back are very quiet
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2012

These apartments are in an old warehouse that has been converted to apartments which gives some nice character
Very conveniently located next to a high rose parking station next door so if you have a hire car it is the perfect place to stay and the apartments offer discounted parking
Easy car park to get in and out of from Melbourne streets
Directly over the road from the apartments is a shop in the main office complex bottom level that offers great cooked breakfasts. Many of the local workers go there as well which shows how good it is too.
A short walk down hill into central Melbourne, but a bit of a climb coming back up.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We stayed in a 3 bedroom apartment recently. It fitted the 7 of us, 3 adults and 4 kids, comfortably. The apartment was extremely spacious, clean and contemporary. The bathroom was huge as was the kitchen and living space. The staff were friendly and helpful. The location is good, not the most central apartment but close to lots of great restaurants and theatres. My 8 year old found it a bit of a hike from the Bourke St Mall, it probably took us 20 mins to walk back. The 3 bedroom does not have any view to speak of but that was fine for our needs.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends