“Best coffee”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I had a lunch meal at Axil recently which I found to be a very small portion, but the coffee was just amazing. I would go here purely for the coffee if nothing else - it is the creamiest, smoothest coffee I've ever had. No burnt beans here!

There are newer reviews for Axil Coffee Roasters

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We went for lunch on Saturday 4 Jan 13. Arrived there around 1pm, told there would be around a 25min wait. We didn't mind waiting. When we were seated and ordered around 20 mins later, it took nearly an hour for the food to arrive from the time we ordered. When it finally did arrive - I was given the wrong item! I was given a steak sandwich when I had ordered steak and eggs. By this time I was starving, and had lost my patience, and snapped at the waiter that I had already waited for nearly an hour and did not want to wait another hour for the right item, so settled for my steak sandwich. I must admit - it was very good, but I had had it before on a separate occassion. The waitress who took our order came and apologised - she had misheard, and so waived the cost of our drinks as a result - which was nice of her. I had calmed down after this, so we ordered dessert - red velvet pancakes with black sesame ice-cream, raspberries and cream cheese ganache which was unusual and nice. This place gets really busy and noisy at peak times, so be prepared to wait a while if you decide to go at those times.

1  Thank Tinwoodsman_Oz
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Smashed Avacado!!!!!!
great food but can become busy and noisy as the moring moves on.
Accomodating staff and central location make this worth a try

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Wonderful food, enthusiastic staff and a fun vibrant atmosphere. Highly recommend for any type of get together or event. Or even just for coffee!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Interesting menu with modern (?, I'm no food critic) dining options, food was nice and service friendly, will eat here again.