“Great Value Lunch”

Ranked #1,432 of 4,298 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Pizza, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: Harbour Town Hotel is open from 11.30am seven days a week serving lunch and dinner offering a delicious range of meals, snacks and desserts.
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Great value lunch whilst visiting Melbourne Star. Food was great staff and service was very good, and the beer and ciders cold and refreshing.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We stopped for dinner before we went on Melbourne Wheel last night.
$15 parma night - Mondays - great value. If you are a hearty eater then this is the place for you. There are 4 types of chickem parmagania - and the plate of food was enormous and tasty. The hotel is a regular type pub and you order food and drinks at the bar. Service was prompt. We'll be back! One daughter had the vegetarian pasta which was also good.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

We went to Harbour Town for a 50th Birthday party just before Christmas (and just before the Big Wheel got going again).
Far more people around the area than last time I was down that way; and a small fun park with a Spiegeltent just outside (ideal for the aftermath of lunch- some of the younger ones went for a ride on the Carousel(much hilarity) while us oldies had a nice cuppa tea).
Although there were plenty of other customers, service to our table of 25+ was prompt and courteous, and the food fresh off the stove. I had a pizza, much bigger than I thought for an entre size, full of fillings on a good crisp base. And Bangers and Mash seemed popular (good sausages too, not skinny pink fingerlings). DIL (sitting beside me) had garlic prawns and rice .
(her own signature dish at home) and she was rapt, so it must have been good.
The almost inevitable kerfuffle when paying the bill at a large party was avoided; everyone ordered at the bar and paid, then their meal was delivered. And most people commented how reasonable the price was.
No-one was left sitting while all around were feasting, thanks to the fast service- we had four wait staff bringing out our meals.
Don't fancy doing a romantic dinner there, its not that sort of place, but for a mixed age family group type party it excelled.

Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

This is one of my favorite places, I love the atmosphere. They have Lovely meals! Can't complain at all. Good bar to choose drinks from.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We've been going here for years after I discovered it on a shopping trip with the family. i was tired and needed a drink, but rather than stop and one of the many cafes and eateries all through Harbourtown, I heard about this place and thought I'd check it out. Back then it was better...But it is still pretty good and the only thing that has let it down is the food. And I will say it again: It used to be much better! That's not to say the food isn't any good, you just need to be there on the right night and order the right meal. I've had steak there a few times and it is vary variable, so I don't order it anymore. The pizzas, pastas, and burgers are fine. Look out for the daily specils as they can be quite good too. They offer weekly specials such as $15 lunches and $12 pizza and pasta Fridays. You get all the weekly specials thrown in on a Last Chance Sunday. One thing to keep in mind is that it is the watering hole for the nearby ice-rink, so you may get an influx of patrons storm the tables after a game. I prefer to go there because of their great range of beverages and it is a place to chill while the girls are out shopping.