Oaks On William
$195
$176
Westin.com
  • Pool
Treasury On Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$173
$157
  • Breakfast included
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$158
Hotel Windsor
  • Restaurant
Alto Hotel on Bourke(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$95
  • Restaurant
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$192
$104
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
$148
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$132
$199
$175
Priceline
1,674 results
All reviewsflagstaff gardensstudio parkflagstaff stationbrother thomasqueen victoria marketscafe next doorfree tramstudio roomsized fridgeoffice blocksmall balconytram stopper dayfull kitchenmelbourne centralfree wifihardware lane
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We got an excellent rate from Rates To Go and were very pleased with how nice it was. It's quite convenient if you decide to use public transport - we took the Sky Bus from the airport to Southern Cross Station, then took the Sky Bus Hotel Shuttle bus which dropped us off at Raddison, about 1 minute's walk from Oaks on William (it's actually not too far too walk - on our way back to the airport we did walk and it only took 15 minutes - depends on how many luggages you have!). The hotel is right next to the free city circle tram, so if this is what you like to use then it is super convenient. The hotel is also very close to Queen Victoria market, about 5 minutes walk. We did get a Miki card but have walked to most of our restaurants, as it's really not that far - generally 15-20 minutes easy walk and you would be right in the middle of the restaurant streets. We walked to Hareware Societe (brunch), Oriental Spoon (lunch), Red Spice Road and Chin Chin (dinners). The walk worked up the appetite and we definitely needed the exercise after the meal!

Back to the hotel itself - we took the upgrade offer of AUD10 per day and get a "studio park", which was lovely. We also got early check in as part of that (as early as 9am!) The room was lovely, very modern and clean, good layout and spacious. As everyone has mentioned already, this place feels brand new and is certainly quite well maintained. The park view was really nice. Showers was good with good water pressure and plenty of hot water. Bed and pillow were comfortable. The only two very minor things I would suggest are that the hotel should consider adding shower caps as part of the toiletries (because it's a rain shower) and that maybe add one small handtowel rail or hook somewhere in the bathroom.

The only slightly annoying thing is the wifi. You get 30 minutes free per 24 hours and another 30 minutes is AUD5. Most of the places we stay nowadays offer free wifi, so when coming across one that would limit or charge for this, it makes things a little inconvenient!

All in all, this is a lovely place to stay and we found it more than meeting our expectation. Keep it up - we would love to come back!

1  Thank travelyun
Hotel Manager W, Manager at Oaks On William, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Thank you for your kind feedback regarding your recent stay at Oaks on William. It is always a pleasure to hear from a satisfied guest and I am to read that our team was able to ensure your stay with us was most comfortable and enjoyable. Your feedback which has been passed on to the team is truly appreciated. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Melbourne.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

My boyfriend booked us into this hotel for a night on my birthday and all I can say is it was amazing. Reception staff were lovely and accommodating. We had a beautiful room on the 17th floor overlooking flagstaff gardens. Big balcony and spacious room with everything you could possibly need to hand. The room itself looked like a showroom, everything was spotlessly clean, looked brand new and it was furnished beautifully. Aswell as the usual things you'd expect from a hotel, e.g. nice tv, iron, hairdryer, the room had additions such as an ipod docking station and every phone charger you could ever need. They thought of everything.
Perfect location, beautiful room and a very special place :)

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room overlooking flagstaff gardens, a little extra $$$ to upgrade, but definitely worth the view :)
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Oaks on William. I am pleased to read that we were able to ensure your birthday at the hotel was most enjoyable and memorable. Our housekeeping team take great pride in preparing all our rooms to showroom standard so I am certain your comments which I have passed on to them will be truly appreciated. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Melbourne.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

We normally stay just down the road at the Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens, but as its starting to show its age we decided to try the new kid on the block, which although new, still has quite a few areas of improvement.

LOCATION: The corner on William and LaTrobe St, easy access to Flagstaff station and the City Circle Tram. We really like this location because we can easily walk to the main CBD, and yet we're far enough out that if we want to head to the Vic Market or relax in the park we can.
For those who complain about the location, its not the hotels fault, its up to the guest to check out the location before they book.
Car parking is available on site at $20 per day which is a reasonable price for the CBD, and you can come and go as often as you like.
The car park is very steep so those with a car with low ground clearance would most likely struggle getting in and out.

TYPE OF ROOM: We booked a Studio Park View room 1 month before arrival.
Being in the accommodation industry I booked direct, and in advance knowing that the price would most likely be the best I could get.
A week later I was browsing on the net and the same room type I had booked came up $20 cheaper per night. Which would have covered my car parking costs. When I queried this with the hotel they advised that they change their tariffs daily and could not offer me a reduced price (for the same room type) as I had already booked and paid, and could not offer free car parking as that was with an external company. I believe the hotel could have covered the parking costs as they are the ones who buzzed us in to the parking each day.
Not only was the room type I booked cheaper, but every room type was cheaper, indicating there was plenty of availability. If it had been just 1 room available at a cheaper price then so be it, a last minute special.
That aside, the room appearance was very nice. As its new the furnishings are very well co-ordinated and in excellent condition. However the silver round chair in the corner is so impractical you can’t comfortably sit on it.

We were on the 19th floor, and not all rooms may be like this, but the air-con above our bed caused a draft to blow straight down onto the bed on the side closest to the glass doors, even when the vents were pointing out/away. I feel it would be a better design if the air-con units were off to the side of the bed so the air doesn’t blow onto the bed and guest.
There was hardly any noise so in terms of a quiet nights sleep there wasn’t a problem.
Its great having a kitchenette, so if you want to cook something yourself you can.
The view is really nice out the windows over the garden and beyond to Docklands.

CLEANLINESS: The room was very clean and tidy.

TV/Wi-Fi: The TV was large and had a good selection of channels. Wi-Fi was free for 30 mins and then a user pay system, which still amazes me in Australia that so many major hotels charge for Wi-Fi, yet in other countries, and even in small country towns in Australia it is free.

BATHROOM/SHOWER: The bathroom was nice, but tiny. There was no bench space (other than a small silver rack above the sink), and as such we had to sit our toilet bags outside the bathroom door. Bathroom amenities were not replenished daily.
The water pressure was very poor.

SERVICE: The staff at check-in were efficient.
The reservations team took up almost 24hrs to reply to email queries, which if you were a guest shopping around I believe you would have already made up your mind and booked somewhere else.

OVERALL: Oaks on William is a new hotel, with clean stylish furnishings, a great location with easy access to the CBD.
I have struggled to decide whether to rate it as a 4* or 3* review and have opted for 3* as I feel for a new hotel there are quite a few things (which although some are small) which need improving, and I was very disappointed with the hotels response on the price I had paid for my room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a large bathroom, and air-con away from the bed.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank gounta

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay. It is pleasing to read that you enjoyed your overall stay at the hotel and found our apartments clean, well furnished and in an ideal location. It is disappointing however to read that we fell short of your expectations in some other aspects of your stay. Your feedback has been communicated with the relevant department managers in order to ensure that we are able to better service your requirements and comments in future. I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed November 12, 2013

We have just had a long weekend down in Melbourne and were so impressed with our studio park room (upgraded upon check in for only $10 a night after reading review recommendation for the views). The room felt brand new and had all the facilities you could think of. The king bed was comfortable. iPhone doc & great big rain shower head was a nice surprise.

The location for us was good but we did find ourselves making our way to the bottom end of the city every time we went out as found thats where the best part of the city was so after a big day out it was a trek back if you weren't near the right tram station (99% of the time). Vic markets just couple of minutes walk away which was mainly plastic junk stores and fake leather, cheap clothes etc but the organic section of the fruit & veg was great and the deli section too!

The only tiny thing that would of made it better was a window in the room for fresh air especially during the night. For those who aren't big on air-con there is no window so you cant get fresh air during the night unless you have the sliding door open which has no screen. This was the only minor downside for us.

That aside, i would HIGHLY recommend Oaks on William to anyone heading to Melbourne. Great and friendly staff and a luxury room with fantastic facilities and very reasonable price :) What more could you want?

Thanks for having us, we will be back :)

Room Tip: Studio Park Room had beautiful views over the city especially at sunset. Highly reccomend the upgrade!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at Oaks on William. I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay at our brand new hotel and found our apartments to be exceptionally clean and well equipped. I look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Quite often choosing the newest hotel in town is the easy way to book. In this case I also noted the exceptionally good reviews on Trip Advisor. I think this place has got it just right. The rooms may be slightly on the small side but with everything so fresh new and clean this place is hard to beat. And it's not expensive. The service at the front desk was excellent. If you have a car, book ahead for the off street parking, which is in the same building. And there's a nice trendy coffee shop downstairs as well as a full service cafe in the building next door.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel Manager W, Manager at Oaks On William, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Thank you for your kind feedback regarding your recent stay at Oaks on William. I am pleased to read that we have lived up to your expectations and to that of the many reviews we have received within the TripAdvisor community. Your comments are most appreciated by the staff and I and will no doubt serve as further encouragement in our aim to offer exceptional value and service. Thanks again for your review and I trust we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.