“Great breakfast place ”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed December 20, 2015 via mobile

Interesting place..like a New York bar, not easy to find. It does a mean flat white. And an equally mean breakfast. I tried the tapioca and potato fritters with a split egg and a thick slice of deacon with satay sauce :-)).. I would highly recommend this.

Reviewed December 6, 2015 via mobile

Needed coffee on a Sunday afternoon. The young man serving us said they were about to shut the coffee machine down, but were happy to take our order. That was where the good stuff stopped. The coffee was lukewarm and just a little bitter..

Reviewed November 11, 2015

as my title said, staffs were rude and food was ordinary. Coffee however was really good. It brew my mind. I guess if you just want to drink coffee go here don't bother to eat here. I ordered burger and patty was so dry, I mean really... who failed making burger???

Reviewed November 3, 2015 via mobile

I stayed in a nearby Airbnb, and was recommended this place by the host. And I wasn't disappointed.
I was in town for a work related event, and came here for a few breakfasts. The venue is in a heritage listed old telephone exchange, and has an industrial but vibrant feel.
The breakfast menu has classic items with an Asian / modern twist. I tried the poached eggs with hollandaise, pastrami and fried vermicelli, as well as the coconut and red rice pudding. Both delicious in different ways.
The coffee is great, with specialty brews on offer.
A great little place.

1  Thank Paul O
Reviewed November 1, 2015

We found Operator 25 by accident and are better for it.

It opened at 9am (Sunday) and we thought we were onto something good when by 915am, most tables were taken and there were 10-12 people waiting for takeaways coffees...

Given we are Sydney and Melbourne is seen as 'THE COFFEE' city, Operator 25 must be in good company given the early crowds.

....and they didn't disappoint. Our kids had scrabble eggs and multigrain toast and the gourmet butter was a nice touch. They loved it. However, being 3 & 5, I think we might order kids size as the portions are probably 15-20% bigger than other cafes.

I had the Eggs Benedict and it was awesome. Instead of the normal 'ham', 'bacon' or 'salmon' affair, it was pestrami and not a combination I have had before. The eggs were perfectly cooked and the muffins (another unusual addition) were not hard. Excellent but like my kids portion, a little more than I had expected. Yes, yes. I finished it but only because I didn't want it to go to waste.

As the reason we went; coffee - it was great. Very very very smooth. Probably not the strongest coffee as our 'local' serves campos but then, campos can be bitter.

We returned a few hours later for takeaways and again; not disappointed. The only failing was not picking up a takeaway jam donut when we finished breakfast. They looked moreish and given how many they had in the display window - we thought we would pick one up later. How wrong we were. Won't make that mistake next time.

See you next time we come to Melbourne. Well done. Great place. Our only small observation was that its not cheap. However, won't stop us returning.