“Always a favourite” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Pancake Parlour

The Pancake Parlour
Reserve with
The Pancake Parlour is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 97 Dessert in Melbourne
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cooma, Australia
“Always a favourite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

Reasonable prices for favourite foods. Always have enjoyed food from the Pancake Parlour. Service was prompt and the food lived up to expectation.

Visited July 2014

• Korean first
far away
“At These Prices, They Better Be Good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

Walking down Bourke Street, we came across the Pancake Parlour. Having had some very tasty pancakes in Sydney at Pancakes on the Rocks, we thought we would see what Melbourne had to offer. Let's face it - it's hard to mess up pancakes. These were fluffy and accompanied by a large ball of butter. We shared a three-pancake stack and a rasher of bacon, along with 2 Earl Gray teas. The bill was almost $30. So if you have to have pancakes in Melbourne, this is a fine place. Just bring lots of cash.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Parlour P, Public Relations Manager at The Pancake Parlour, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to visit our restaurant and provide feedback. Great to hear you enjoyed your pancakes!
Sydney, Australia
“Had better...There are better options elsewhere in Melbourne”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

Pancakes aren't hard to screw up and on my farmers plate, they were the best part. That is, as long as you don't add the funky maple syrup on top. The eggs, were creamy and lovely, albeit cold. Where the dish really failed were on the hash browns. They were really greasy. Even my potato-loving daughter didn't finish hers and that's saying something!

We arrived before the rush around 9am on a Sunday and I expected the place to be really busy. It wasn't at all - at least it wasn't until around 10am when people came in with families and suitcases. Even so, at 9am, the service was slow and we had to wait a while just for our drink order. New staff maybe? Our waitress was as sickly sweet as the maple syrup...a little too overboard on the perkiness... while the rest of the staff were polite and prompt.

I've had better and there are definitely better places to go in Melbourne for breakfast, especially at the prices they charges. Not worth it, I'd say.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Parlour P, Public Relations Manager at The Pancake Parlour, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Thank-you for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your recent visit. It is disappointing to hear that you did not enjoy your breakfast. Your comments have been passed onto our operations team and we hope you take the time to visit us again.
Melbourne, Australia
“Impossible to be disappointed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

I've had pancakes. Who didn't? Homemade pancakes always have been on my favorites' menu. As I ain't a good cook and rather a lazy one, after coming to Australia, I haven't had pancakes in a long time. But then this place grabbed my attention and after a movie, I along with my friends had a meal there. The service is very good as per my experience and also quite fast. The variety in the menu made me hungrier. I was amazed by the pancakes and the presentation. The taste was like from heaven. As a student, I chose the student meal which included a drink also for $15. The price seemed fair to me. But to be honest, the drink wasn't good at all compared to the quality of the pancakes. Every time I was taken away by the pancakes and I had a sigh when I had the drink. I would still refer this place to everyone for awesome chocolate pancakes specially 'Salted Caramel Crunch' and 'Alice in Wonderland'.

bon appétit :)

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank FahadSherif
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“jamal”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

Was passing by Fountaingate shopping center on june 29th and went to pancake parlour ordered a 2 pancake + strawberry for one person and had to ask for butter was charged $21 something,why is it so overpriced??? Is this the right price?? As what I've seen on price list is not the same the 2stack and ice cream + chocolate was as I remembered around $12-14..

• Visited June 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
PancakeParlour, Public Relations Manager at The Pancake Parlour, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Hi Jamal, we are looking into this for you and will be in touch via your Facebook correspondence.