“Bland Pho in an overcrowded restaurant”

Pho Ba Ga Mekong Vietnam
Ranked #505 of 4,116 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Neighborhood: Central Business District
“Bland Pho in an overcrowded restaurant”
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I ate Pho soup while I was in Vietnam for the past 2 months. Upon returning to Melbourne, I still craved the delicious soup!
We noticed that Mekong on Swanston was incredibly packed, so we took that as a good sign.

Unfortunately, the soup was bland tasting and had way too much cabbage. Our fresh spring rolls were also bland and dried out (not fresh).

The atmosphere was incredibly loud and tightly packed with people (similar to many areas in Vietnam!) However, I was sadly disappointed with this experience.

• Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Queensland
“popular restaurant”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

It was a thursday night and we were lucky to get a table, we had never eaten Vietnamese before, the food was lovely, I had a sweet and sour chicken, the sauce was so good the only thing which let down the dish was the chicken was not in pieces but small legs and wings which I found difficult to eat. overall a great little restaurant, lots a staff who were very helpful.

Visited June 2013