“Large Rambling but Comfortable Hotel”

Ranked #109 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I have stayed here before but under the previous management. It is a very large establishment with Ballroom and conference facilities and with an absolutely enormous underground parking lot which is important in this part of Melbourne.

The accommodation is in two separate towers and the main dining area where an excellent buffet breakfast is served, is some way from the elevators. The rooms are well-equipped and comfortable and the downstairs lobby/bar area is pleasant and capable of accommodating quite large numbers.

Well situated for the St Kilda Road business district and with the restaurants and attractions of St Kilda itself within easy walking distance, this hotel can handle a lot of people. I had a pleasant comfortable stay, but be prepared to walk significant distances, particularly if you happen to park at the Ballroom end of the property.

Room Tip: If you would like pleasant views of Albert Park and the lake then ask for rooms overlooking Queens R...
1  Thank Robert C
MercureAP, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Melbourne Albert Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Dear Robert C,

Thank you for your review, it is always great to read such positive feedback.

I’m sure your feedback will come in handy for other’s travelling to our hotel for our conferencing facilities.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Beautiful big rooms, staff were excellent. Food was amazing, I have a severe nut allergy and staff ensured that they had special food for me. The conference area was large, clean and well managed.
Overall a wonderful experience. I would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank Counsellorjudy

Dear Counsellorjudy,

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and that our staff were excellent throughout.

It is wonderful to read that we catered to your special dietary requirements and that the food was amazing.

Your feedback will certainly be helpful to other travellers.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

This is the second time I have stayed at the Mercure for conferences and both times have been fantastic! The hotel was at capacity due to conferences but still they coped! I must say housekeeping can get slow through these times so if you want fast service worthwhile asking them to prioritise your room!
The in house restaurant was also fantastic and a special thank you to the manager Felicity who went the extra mile to keep guests happy through the busy times :) Well done!
I will be back May 2016 and looking forward to it.

Room Tip: Try and ask for a room with a view over Albert Park! they are available.
1  Thank MikeK157166
MercureAP, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Melbourne Albert Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Dear MikeK157166,

Thank you for your review of your recent 2nd stay with us. We are delighted that you have described your stay as fantastic for both occasions.

Felicity and her team will be thrilled to learn of your recognition, and I will ensure that your feedback is shared with our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in 2016.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

I don't think much of this hotel , The room i got was advertised as on sale % off but as soon as i got in the room and opened the curtains i saw this terrible view of a dirty old neighboring car park. THE FIRST HOTEL I HAVE ASKED FOR ROOM SERVICE AND FALLING ASLEEP BEFORE ANY SERVICE.(IT JUST DIDNT SHOW UP.) following night asked for a dish to be heated up at front reception and was told by a staff member with a broken arm and black eye to go back to my room and he will look into it for me and send someone to my room that did not also arrive . I feel people need to know before going to this hotel of their kind of service. This review is also on trip advisor.

Room Tip: I don't think much of this hotel , The room i got was advertised as on sale % off but as soon as...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Ronnie Z,

Thank you for providing your feedback. I do apologise that your experience was not what it should have been. This is obviously not acceptable and something that will be addressed.

I will send you a private message through Tripadvisor requesting your contact details to discuss your stay further.

Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

The hotel would be a favorite of my after. The staff a freindly and will to assist even a few little problems were dealt with quickly and courteously little fuss and a courtesy manner. Will be booking at this hotel again

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
MercureAP, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Melbourne Albert Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Dear Matthew V,

Thank you for your review.

We were delighted to read your comments and happy that you enjoyed your stay.
Positive feedback motivates our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay with us.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Stayed for 2 nights on 9 & 10 May 2014. Booked for 3 people. Discovered very late at night that bedding only provided for 2 people. Found out today 20 May while going through my credit card statement that I was charged a small amount without my knowledge by the hotel. Rang up to enquire and was told it was for the mini bar. Problem was we never used the mini bar. Hope the refund is forthcoming. Disappointing experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
MercureAP, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Melbourne Albert Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Dear Tee L,

Thank you for providing your feedback.

I was disappointed to hear that your stay with us was not as expected. I am extremely apologetic in regards to not having your correct bedding configuration set up for you on arrival. This was obviously a mistake and I can understand the frustration this must have caused you.

In addition, I apologise that you were incorrectly charged for a minibar item that was not consumed. This is obviously not acceptable and has been addressed with our team.

We hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you during your next stay.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

Great place to stay. All staff were friendly and very helpful. The rooms are spacious and well presented. Great location with parking available underneath at a reasonable rate. I would recommend this place to other travellers or corporations looking for conference facilities. I would definitely return.

Dear Kerrynanne,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are delighted that your stay was a pleasant one and are thrilled that you are recommending us to your friends and colleagues.

Your comments will be shared with our team and we look forward to welcoming you back on a future stay with us.

Kind regards,