“Good standard hotel...”

Ranked #101 of 158 Hotels in Melbourne
Lusaka
“Good standard hotel...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is 2 towers, used to be called Citigate and still has Sebel conference Centre attached to it so the naming is a bit confusing for Cabbies... So go by the address to get there.

Once arrived, the reception staff were wonderful and the lobby is spacious with a small cafe one side and bar the other. These are handy if you want a break from you're room.

The tram into town is about 20 minutes and leaves almost right outside the door every 4minutes. Really convenient!

The rooms a very comfortable - as I've come to expect from Mercure.

The room service staff need to pay a little more attention to "do not disturb" signs and mini bar does definitely not need to be filled at 7:30 in the morning!!

The restaurant staff were superb as was the wine... If you don't like the selection of main courses then I highly recommend choosing a few entrees instead - tapas style. They are large servings and delicious! The wine was perfectly matched to our food by our delightful waitress and came in Karaffe which was perfect for 2 glasses.

I would go back to this hotel just for the restaurant.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank LT1978
MercureAP, General Manager at Mercure Melbourne Albert Park, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post feedback on your stay. I apologise for any inconvenience caused in regards to housekeeping entering your room when the do not disturb sign was up. Your feedback will be passed onto our Executive Housekeeper to discuss with her team.

Once again thank you and we hope to be provided with another opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Wangi Wangi, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

Great hotel from a Mystery Wotif booking. Great price at just over $100.
We arrived very early on a 6am flight from Newcastle. Given our room on arrival, about 10.00am. Amazing, and just what we needed after getting up well before 4am. We did ask for a quiet room in the booking, and the room was on the 3rd floor and at the back, and was soundless.
Room was large and the bathroom good, lovely shower. The description for the rooms was all rooms feature King bed, whereas our room had two singles. They were comfortable, but we didn't expect this bed configuration, and weren't asked if it was OK.
Remote for TV was old style, no volume control and very slow to respond to channel changes.
Hotel a short walk to lots of trams on St Kilda Road, making it handy for lunch at St Kilda, and to get to the MCG for the match.
Would consider this hotel again, if the price was good.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room, and certainly the one we were given was on the 3rd flood, and looking to...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your lovely feedback, I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Mercure Melbourne Albert Park. I will be sure to share your comments with the team.
Prospect, South Australia, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

I had to travel to Melbourne for an overnight business trip and decided to take a chance on a Wotif Mystery Deal. Wow what a great experience it was to stay at the Mecure Melbourne Albert Park. From the moment I arrived and dropped the car off at the valet parking to the collection of the car the following day it was clear that this inner city accommodation is right up there with 5 star properties with higher profiles. The staff that I had interaction with (front of house, bar, dining and house keeping) were friendly and obliging. At dinner I had a 'first time' experience where we ordered a bottle of wine and when the staff member returned and told us that the chosen wine was not available, rather than give me the wine list for another selection, she had in her hand a bottle that she recommended would be on par with what had originally been selected.....how right she was! I have no hesitation in recommending the Mecure Melbourne Albert Park as an accommodation option that needs to be sampled.....like me I am sure you will return!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
MercureAP, General Manager at Mercure Melbourne Albert Park, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for your lovely feedback. Our staff pride themselves on their friendly levels of guest service and ensuring that all our guests are well looked after. I will be sure to pass your comments onto the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you are next in Melbourne.
Torquay, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

My husband and I decided to stay over in Melbourne on Saturday night to have lunch with our sons on Fathers Day. We booked the Hotel thru a last minute site, and price was definitely a factor in choosing, as was the location as we have a business in St Kilda.

Having a business ourselves, I am always interested in the service. I have to say the concierge directed me to the desk in a friendly and professional manner, and I was checked in by someone who was ten out of ten. Efficient, friendly without being familiar, helpful and nice. I asked for a late checkout and this was given with no fuss. We had a very clean, comfortable room overlooking the lake. Very nice without being fabulous. I would definitely recommend the Hotel, and plan to stay there again. We paid $105 for the night.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and that various members of our staff were more than helpful with any of your requests. Wlook forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.
Victoria
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed here for my daughters 18th birthday dinner which was in the hotel's Windows restaurant- and was very good.Unfortunately we chose to stay here too, with my daughter in one room and my husband and I in another. We were also in separate towers of the hotel. After dinner we went to bed and were kept awake from after midnight until 2.35am from a loud party -on the floor above us! There was débutante ball event at the hotel on same night, so I think we got stuck underneath the party room. We rang the front desk twice about the noise, once at 12.45am and later at 2.30am. Around 2.45am the noise died down and we could finally sleep. However, after breakfast the next morning we went back to room to get a bit more catch up sleep and were woken by the front desk after 11am regarding our checkout. We had actually purchased a package that included a 12 noon checkout. We advised the front desk when we checking out about our lack of sleep and experiences and we were blithely handed a business card with the front desk manager's contact information. My husband did attempt to contact this person, but without success. I also completed the Mecure survey after our stay- and did not receive any acknowledgement of our troubled stay. It is very disappointing especially when we stayed in what is now known as the Pullman section of the hotel in January and it was lovely. I would not recommend the Mercure to anyone.

Room Tip: choose another hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback.

I would like to apologise for your recent experience at the Mercure Melbourne Albert Park. This is not the service we strive to provide our guests. I will be sure to discuss these issues with my team. A private message has been sent to you through Tripadvisor as I would like to discuss this matter with you further.

Travelers are raving about these Melbourne hotels