“Nice and pricey”

Dining options: Reservations
Innisfail, Australia
“Nice and pricey”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

My friend and I chose Buffet A (Chicken San Choi Bow, Steamed Assorted Dim Sims, Deep Fried Calamari in Five Spices, King Prawns in Garlic Sauce, Pork Rib with Peking Sauce/Special Fried Rice and Banana Fritter with Icecream). The food was varied and served very quickly, one dish after the other. The quality was ok, but certainly didn't reflect the price. The chicken was my favourite dish. I didn't enjoy the dim sims and I found the calamari thick and oily. I realise the prawns were in a garlic sauce, but the 'fake' garlic (not fresh) overpowered everything. The small pork ribs were tasty but the rice was nothing to rave about, as were the fritters.
The staff are very efficient, professional and sterile. I found their asking (almost insisting) we have Chinese Tea, quite annoying. We ordered a bottle of wine and I felt like I was doing something inproper because I didn't want the damned tea.
The restaurant looks lovely, however the atmosphere was very busy (with diners and staff), so I didn't feel relaxed.
Overall, it was a 50/50 experience for me.

• Visited June 2014

Melbourne, Australia
“Very Pricey Compared to their other Area Chains!”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

The food is always yummy at Gold Leaf, we usually go to one in the suburbs so we can certainly say, they never let you down. With that said, this one in the Docklands is a total rip off!! Vegies $22.50? Staff were nice but they told us what we were ordering was too much (excuse you, let us be the judges of that) and then attempted to up-sell us to all these other additional meals that were more expensive! Lucky we hesitated or for two people it would have cost $200! It isn't fine dining so given it is in the 'burbs' they should remember they are still a chain! That said, food is always nice so if you're visiting the Docklands its a good choice....

• Visited May 2014
singapore
“Hotpot buffet”
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Walked past one day and we returned for the hotpot buffet. It came with a serving of 2 raw ysters and 1 raw abalone each. Ingredients were fresh and quite authentic. Spicy soup was disappointing as it was watered down. Probably toned down to suit local tastebuds.

2 Thank wendeefok
“Excellent”
Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

Went here for a business dinner, in a group of 5, the level of service provided is excellent, it's attentive and very knowledgable. The food is excellent, and I would recommend the Peking Duck, which was excellent. Also a really good sweet and sour pork, which I am usually not a big fan of. This restaurant is a little away from Chinatown and the CBD, but it is definitely worth the trip, I would highly recommend this restaurant to friends.

Visited May 2014
melbourne
“BEST Chinese Seafood Restaurant in Melbourne”
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

Being Chinese, one of the normal complaints of a chinese restaurant is :-
1. Service
2. Authenticity
3. Value
4. Cleaniless
5. Ambiance
6. Tastiness
7. Parking
8. Classiness/Elegance

Gold Leaf Restaurant at Harbourtown Shopping Centre, Docklands, rates 9/10 for all the above. We live in one of the Townhouses above the Shopping Centre and dine/takeaway at this restaurant every week.

Whenever friends/relatives visit from overseas/interstate, this is the ONLY chinese restaurant we will bring them as it has never disappoint!

The Yum Cha is daily, which is awesome, has fantastic variety, good value and very good!

They also have a Takeaway Store downstairs at the food court called Good Taste, which is equally tasty and good value.

And you must not miss the Steam Boat Restaurant facing the Waterfront, which is also part of the Gold Leaf Group of Restaurants. Also, by far, the Best Value steamboat restaurant one can find in Melbourne!

Enjoy!