“Worth a Detour.”

Neighborhood: Central Business District
Durham, United Kingdom
“Worth a Detour.”
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Thought we would end our short visit to Melbourne by visiting one of the coffee places which seem to be a theme of city life in Australia. Patricia is not that hard to find, so don't be put off by some reviews. We went over lunchtime and got served immediately.
We had flat whites which were very smooth. I'm not a coffee nerd but it tasted great to me!
I recommend that you also try one of their cakes etc to accompany your coffee. We shared a slice of Ginger cake which was mouthwatering, but then everything else was also!
The staff are very friendly and happy to chat.
A definite must when in Melbourne.

Visited August 2014

• Korean first
UK
“Delicious coffee”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Like other reviews, we took ages to find this place! We are glad we took the time to look though as the coffee was beautiful. A simple place, very busy and serving up fantastic coffee.

• Visited January 2014
Auckland, New Zealand
“Good luck finding it! Worth it though”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Took me like 15 minutes to find this un-labelled cafe on the corner of two of melbourne-famous alleyway-streets. I knew I had found it when I saw THIRTY young-professional types waiting outside for their coffee (maybe 12 people could fit inside if squished). The coffee was great, not an over-roasted espresso like some cafes seem to think best, but properly-balanced keeping some of the acidity and bright flavours. Pretty cool place! Obviously it took a very long time for the coffee, but there is no way to serve this many people any faster.

• Visited February 2014
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Must stop for coffee lovers”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I love my coffee and I am fussy about it. This was the only place in Melbourne that I would recommend without hesitation to anyone who understands the appreciation of really good coffee. They use a roast here that is very well balanced. Compliments to the roasting and barista - the coffee here is top notch! If however you are one of those who like that strong taste of burnt beans then you might not appreciate so much. This place is easy to miss, a little off the beaten path but is gem well worth finding.

• Visited April 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Just... wow!”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I was in Melbourne for a holiday and thought we might as well hunt for the best coffee place! And Patricia was one of our top three (haven't decided exactly which one was best yet!).

It is tucked away and is quite easy to miss but the crowd is not easy to miss. Both times we went here there was a line and people mingling outside and on the footpath enjoying the coffee hit. We ordered a 'white' which is equivalent to a cappuccino with a double espresso shot.

The coffee was delicious, nice and strong but not too bitter/acidic. The temperature was just right. The service was excellent - very friendly and helpful! Overall a very passionate coffee place. If you haven't tried it yet... you should!

• Visited March 2014