“Just... wow!”

Ranked #6 of 187 Coffee & Tea in Melbourne
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I was in Melbourne for a holiday and thought we might as well hunt for the best coffee place! And Patricia was one of our top three (haven't decided exactly which one was best yet!).

It is tucked away and is quite easy to miss but the crowd is not easy to miss. Both times we went here there was a line and people mingling outside and on the footpath enjoying the coffee hit. We ordered a 'white' which is equivalent to a cappuccino with a double espresso shot.

The coffee was delicious, nice and strong but not too bitter/acidic. The temperature was just right. The service was excellent - very friendly and helpful! Overall a very passionate coffee place. If you haven't tried it yet... you should!

Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

I brought my youngest son with me and we walked an hour in the rain just to find this little gem. If you're a first timer to Melbourne like me, it maybe a bit difficult to find this shop. The shop is really small, standing area only and you'll see lots of ppl standing outside. Coffee was great! My only disappointment was i didnt get the lune croissants that i was hoping for. Was it worth the walk? Definitely!!

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Best croissants I've had in Melbourne. And I'm an avid croissant snob with my favourites mostly in Europe with a few outstanding places in NZ and Aussie. Service is smart, timely, friendly and slick. Standing room only doesn't deter anyone. Cool music in the background. The coffee, which generally is what gets rave reviews, for me was just okay - but I like mine super strong Italian style, so this may have been just me. It's worth a visit!

Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

I manage to get to Patricia whenever I am in Melbourne and it always worth the effort for a memorable coffee. The lack of seating is more than made up by a great atmosphere and wonderful coffee. The choice of black or white or filter coffee rather than a multitude of variants is sensible.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

This has all the charm of Melbourne - you have to find this down a laneway, amazing coffee (they even will pair your beans with the type of milk you are having--seven seeds beans for my soy latte!) and they serve you bubbling water as you enjoy your drink and the newspaper. It's simply the best. (Note it's a place just to drop in as it's standing room only.)