“Outstanding”
Review of Koko Black

Koko Black
Ranked #13 of 112 Shopping in Melbourne
More attraction details
Owner description: Koko Black's flagship salon is located in Melbourne's historic Royal Arcade. Lovers of chocolate indulge your cravings, savour our handmade chocolates and meander amongst our range of nibbles at this iconic salon.
Brisbane, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Outstanding”
Reviewed January 26, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Koko Black is my No. 1 destination to visit in Melbourne. Their products are the finest I've ever had. The staff are considerate and willing to help. It's always a pleasure purchasing gifts (and treats for me!) from Koko Black.

Visited December 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Nuremberg, Germany
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Sensational”
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Had the Raspberry Iced Chocolate and I couldn't get enough of it! Sensational! Fantastic atmosphere especially if you sit in the arcade

Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Favourite chocolate”
Reviewed November 30, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Although I am not big fan of chocolate, but Koko Black is always my favourite. never disappointed. especially the iced chocolate.

Australia
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“Disappointed”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

As a former regular customer, I was so disppointed today to discover a marked downsize of a dessert I have always enjoyed with no price cut - in fact I think the price may have gone up! We used to love sharing the chocolate ice-cream in a glass with three generous, big scoops and lots of toppings - now you get two smaller scoops on a plate. This is not a nice way to treat customers - it reminds me of when Cadbury's decreased the size of their blocks - remember the backlash! Such a shame as the icecream is delicious, but no longer value.

Melbourne, Australia
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“An absolute disappointment”
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Remember when the branch in the Royal Arcade opened years ago. It was then a good spot for coffee and some chocolates. Dropped in again a couple of days ago and discovered how the mighty had fallen. In the quest for profits the management has totally compromised the quality of its chocolates. Friend and I ordered 6 different types of chocolates and what a disappointment. The quality of the chocolate was absolutely dismal. I am not sure what cheap couverture they are sourcing but it is definitely not Belgian Callebaut or French Valrhona. A generic $2 bar is definitely of a better quality. In addition the ratio of filling to the chocolate base is all wrong. The cheap chocolate over powers the fillings.

1 Thank Travancore1
KokoBlackAustralia, Public Relations Manager at Koko Black, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Hi Ramli1,

We must admit, the team here at Koko Black got quite a shock at your description of your experience at Koko Black. We pride ourselves on providing premium products with exceptional customer service in exactly the same manner as we did when we opened in 2003.

To clarify, we still today use the same couverture chocolate blends imported from Europe, including French Valrhona, Belgian Callebaut and Swiss Felchlin that we did in 2003.

We would like to invite you back to Koko Black to sample our chocolate once again on us. Please contact service@kokoblack.com with your details if you wish to do so.

Kindest regards