“Heavenly!”

Neighborhood: Lygon Street
Melbourne, Australia
“Heavenly!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

The ice cream here is unbelievably good!! Indulgent in every way. No surprise that they are hand made on site. If you're serious about your ice creams, you have to check this place out.

Visited January 2014

Melbourne, Australia
“OMG - salted caramel - gelato heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

I am a gelato junkie and Helados Jauja is amazing. We used to live up the road, good for an easy fix, but now live across town. My husband heads across to pick up a take home pack usually once a fortnight. I am a salted caramel junkie, the dulce de leche with chocolate chips is his favourite. My mother insists on a visit for a salted caramel milkshake whenever she is in town.
This weekend we did the ice cream degustation, which is a lot of fun. Two hours of intense gelato consumption. We tried all 24 flavours and now have to add the lemon sorbet, chocolate sorbet, strawberries and cream and goats curd to our favourites.
If you are a gelato junkie the degustation is a fun way to spend the afternoon and a great way to push you out of our comfort zones and into trying new flavours - not that I'll be ordering the durian any time soon (but proud to be able to say I had the courage to try it).
The staff are always lovely and now know way too much about my life - not sure if that signifies their friendliness or my obsession?
Highly recommended.

• Visited October 2013
“Sensational, decadent gelato experience!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

Definitely one of the top ice creams I've had. I could literally taste the quality (no preservatives or colourings and all the ice cream is HAND MADE at the store!!!) The gelato flavours range from classic flavours like lemon sorbet and cookies & cream, to gourmet varieties like sweet goats cheese and salted caramel; I personally would recommend the 90% cacao gelato for its smooth, rich chocolatey goodness! So yummmm! Never tasted a better chocolate ice cream ever. The staff were super friendly (and very patient since I took ages to choose!), and I found the decor lovely and homey, yet chic and modern. They also serve hot and cold drinks. I'm so very disappointed that I can't have Jauja's where I live because I would definitely love to have more of their gelato!!

• Visited October 2012
Canberra, Australia
“The BEST gelato ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

Do yourself a favour and give all other gelato places Melbourne a miss. You can really taste the differerence. No gelatine, artificial flavours etc. we consider ourselves gelato experts loving the stuff and having eaten it every where we go including Italy, New York, Middle East and the usual Italian districts in Sydney. You'll never go back to gelatissimo again. And give the award winning Il Dolce Freddo down the road a miss....tasteless!!,

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank TrishFD
Perth, Australia
“So Yummy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

The ice-cream is just sensational. Had the Dulce De Leche and it was just like I used to eat in southern South America. They also sell the Dulce homemade. It was worth the tram ride and wait in the line to get our ice-creams and they let you taste first before purchasing your cones. Definitely recommend.

• Visited January 2013