“This is a rare find, good food, great service, good prices and Personality”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Horn Please

Horn Please
Ranked #780 of 4,059 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Bristol, United Kingdom
“This is a rare find, good food, great service, good prices and Personality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

This restaurant is very different to most Indian Restaurants; it does not have that Indian Restaurant smell, and does not look like an Indian Restaurant but it has great Indian food made from local seasonal products.
The Menu is interesting and the prices are very keen. We went on a Saturday night and the place was busy with a good buzz but we were able to have a conversation without shouting, the staff were great with good service without being in your face.
However the best bit to top it all off was the food, it was outstanding, interesting, and it looked good as well. The menu is interesting and it shows the depth of understanding the owners have of how to create a balanced menu from seasonal produce at great prices.
We will be returning

• Visited March 2013

Sydney, Australia
“Great Indian food and atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Four of us plus a child had dinner here on a Friday night. The place was already busy around 6.30, and had a relaxed noisy atmosphere. We ordered a variety of dishes and it was served promptly. The food is pretty hot and spicy but we enjoyed everything. Loved it!

• Visited March 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Great new Indian in Melbourne”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Went to this new Indian back in October with five friends from interstate we had the chefs plate which is a sample of all things on the menu . The highlight was the goat curry and the pumpkin curry the homemade ice cream was also delicious we will be going back

Perth, Australia
“Treated like a dog worst service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

Me and my partner decided to get done takeaway currying from here on Wednesday night it wasn't too busy inside I was waiting outside for about 20 minutes when I decided that It wouldn't be much longer and I would go home first and meet him there . I went home waited for a bit cleaned up after about 25 minutes( we only live 3 minutes away from horn please ) my partner returned fuming he said after I had left he went in to check on the curry and the waiter didn't remember our order then he waited after about 20 minutes the waiter returned and said we screwed up your order you have butter chicken instead of tandoori chicken and gave him the food my partner at this point was so angry he just left and said nothing for fear of not being able to control his temper . I wrote horn please an email telling th about our experience and how it had ruined at nice relaxed evening they never responded this is the shittest service I have ever experienced and I have never been treated this badly even at a fish and chip shop . I had no dinner because I can't eat butter chicken and very angry man that spent lost of my night calming down

1 Thank AariaS
“A beautiful dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Wow...if you are after a delicious all round authentic Indian experience,then this is the place you ought to try.

A bustling restaurant...yet somehow managing to create a relaxed and happy atmosphere, there are only reservations made for groups of 8 or more. But that's ok...as these guys are do friendly and obliging! There is a stunning spot as you walk in the door,a large high communal table where you can prop after taking a tasty beverage from the fridge while waiting for a table.

Once seated,you can choose from a small yet diverse selection of dishes,catering to all your Indian yumminess needs! You thankfully won't find your Bain Marie type typically Indian food here,yet its still accessible. There are papadums,naans,tandoori,chicken dishes,goat,vegetarian. It's all amazingly tasty... and incredibly satisfying.

While dining,you can still select your own drinks from the fridge...fantastic idea,adding to the relaxed atmosphere,while I guess allowing the staff to concentrate on food! Meanwhile, the atmosphere is grand, decorating the white walls is beautiful Indian inspired art...and the highlight is the Bollywood films projected onto the white walls!

These guys at Horn Please really make you feel special,as it so happened it was my partner's birthday,and they really went out of their way to make him feel special:) providing him with delicious treats and other delights (you will need to experience it for yourself).

We left this amazing establishment full to the brim,extremely satisfied,and with a huge smile on our dials...we will definitely be back:)