“Great feel, great location”

Da Bruno Ristorante Pizza
Ranked #3,170 of 4,219 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I recently went to De Bruno's with a large group of friends, without making a reservation, but they made space for us, and accommodated us. We were greeted at the door by one of the waiters, who actually opened the door for us!
We ordered a few pizzas between us, a couple of pastas and a couple of bottles of wine. We ordered a BBQ chicken pizza, a margarita pizza, the seafood pasta and a tomato based pasta. The pizzas had fresh toppings, and the small was bigger than we expected! The seafood pasta was full of seafood, which we weren't expecting.
One of my friends ordered a salmon dish, which took longer to cook than our pastas, but the size of the fish and the quality certainly made up for it! It was a bit too big for my friend to finish, but it was well cooked, and came with seasoned vegetables, and we all wanted to taste it!

The staff were always on hand, waiting to take our every request, and the head waiter/manager, kept the show going by asking us if everything was OK, which it was.
The prices were pretty average, but the size of the portions made it seem cheaper than most.

All in all, it was a great night, and we would definitely go back again.

2  Thank Jay S

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I've been to De Bruno's in Melbourne several times now, and I've got to say I love it.
The owners of this Italian restaurant are actually Indian, but you wouldn't know it from the food. It's close to the MCG and Rod Lavera Arena if you are in the area, and they cater for all needs. It's got a relaxed feel to it, while also having the right lighting to make you feel like it is a sophisticated restaurant in Melbourne.
At least one of the owners is there most nights, so if you ever have a problem, you can guarantee they will do their best to assist you. And if you want some extra heat to your meal, they have chilli flakes on hand, side by side with the parmesan cheese.
I love the pizza, but that's just my thing, but the Pasta and Risotto was pretty good too. They also do normal style means, with chips, for those not keen on Italian, but be a little adventurous, and add some chilli into your meal.