“Rare Steakhouse Superb Again”

Rare Steakhouse Downtown
Ranked #128 of 4,296 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse, Australian, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: We are committed to serving premium quality produce and creating a welcoming environment where customers can savour the flavour of Australian beef at its very best. Our beef is sourced from across the country, ranging from Gippsland and Ballan in Victoria, Murray Bridge in South Australia and Rockhampton in Queensland, and is graded by Meat Standards of Australia for its cut and quality. Each cut is chosen for its distinct characteristics, flavour profile and eating quality, as well as its impact on the environment. Learn more about the different cuts of beef and sustainable farming practices.
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Visited Melbourne and the first restaurant on the list is Rare Steakhouse on Kings Street.
Visited on a Monday night (note closed on a Sunday as we found out when we walked to the restaurant and it was closed - no problem visited Monday night). Both my partner and I had eye fillet steaks - again one of the best steaks I have had in a restaurant.
Yes this restaurant is fine dining and yes it is expensive, but treat yourself !!
We will be back again on the next visit to Melbourne and remains top of the list for when you are looking for a great steak meal.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

Really enjoy the Rare brand. they did a marvellous job with the other place and the King St restaurant didn't disappoint either. The wine list was amazing and so were the steaks. The side selections as well as the sauces are even better then their descriptions! dont hesitate to book, remember you pay for what you get and they deliver excellent quality steaks. Cant wait to go back.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Went there for a meal and ordered a steak for dinner.
The steak was cooked just the way that I wanted and really hit the spot.

The service was very good and prompt.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Shani and her crew put on for my old friend and I a fantastic meal. I would wholeheartedly recommend this place.

The atmosphere is top notch and the service first class.

The steaks have to be way up in the best in Melbourne.

Thanks Shani - we'll see you again soon.

Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

I ordered an Eye Fillet and it was really tender and delicious.

The service was very good.

The price was not chip but it is worth.

I do recommend.