“Melbourne highlight”

Ranked #1 of 122 Coffee & Tea in Melbourne
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Our party of 8 enjoyed a lovely afternoon at the High Tea last Saturday. We were all impressed with the attentive service by the very friendly staff and the lovely room where the afternoon tea was served. The French champagne was divine and the food was absolutely "to die for". The size and the selection available on the dessert bar is unbelievable and has me still salivating thinking of it.

1  Thank Cheryl M
Nigel M, Manager at Afternoon Tea - The Windsor Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Dear Cheryl
Thank you for your kind review.
I was delighted to hear that your party had such a great time.
Hope to see you back again in the future
Kind Regards

There are newer reviews for Afternoon Tea - The Windsor Melbourne

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Our party of four had the pleasure of enjoying High Tea here yesterday 16th January. The room is just so beautiful and the table beautifully set, well mannered and attentive table staff who make you feel very welcome. The French Champagne is a real treat and the three tiered plate of goodies was mouth watering. sandwiches delicious, scones with jam and cream to die for and the sweets were all so delicate and decadent. Choice of teas was great and the brewed coffee was lovely. At $69 we all felt it was great value and a memorable experience. It was an extremely hot day in Melbourne and the room was lovely and cool.

1  Thank anny65
Nigel M, Manager at Afternoon Tea - The Windsor Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

I would like to thank you for your kind review.
We like to keep things traditional and I am glad the experience was such a memorable one.
I will pass on your generous comments to our kitchen and service team.
Kind Regards

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Totally devastated $89 each for stewed tea and no variety as per menu the filling in sandwich must have been wavered over the dry bread seems that brown avocado found its way to the bread Crowded room make it most uncomfortable to get up and get to the self service buffet which was depleted and not refreshed Why did the staff member come to our table 3 times and make a point that we hadn't put credit card in the bill folder Wish he was more attentive to offering what is advertised I would not recommend the High Tea at the Windsor We left went to the cafe next door for a lovely fresh tea and coffee Try next door it's better value

3  Thank Carmel G

Dear Carmel
I wish to extend my sincerest apologies for not meeting your expectation on your recent visit.
I have since reviewed your feedback with the team and we all are equally disappointed.
I would be grateful if you would contact me directly as I am fully available to discuss this further.
Youres Sincerely
Nigel Maxey

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Late July 2013 my daughters and daughters in law treated me to High Tea on a sunday afternoon in your lovely old world premises. A little late posting this. The service was excellent and the food was good. Large selection of pastries , sandwiches, cakes and desserts were served. The staff were courteous and attentive. I most highly recommend this hotel for High Tea. Atmosphere very relaxing. Cannot comment on cost as it was a birthday gift.

1  Thank Trentham_Ozlady

I am delighted to hear you visit was such a memorable experience.
Thank you for your generous comments on the food, beverage and attentive service team.
Great way keep cool and have fun on such a hot day.
Warm Regards
Nigel Maxey

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I took my mother to The Hotel Windsor for high tea on Boxing Day 2013 and it was a fantastic experience. The hotel itself is an amazing piece of Australian/British Colonial history, having been built before London's Savoy or Singapore’s Raffles Hotel. The staff are wonderfully attentive and personable, without being overbearing or constantly fussing. The clientele were a mix of couples, friends and large groups (including small children) but the dining room is so well set out that it feels like you are in a room in your own, it was a wonderful friendly relaxed atmosphere. The food was amazing with all the traditional high tea fare, plus an simply jaw dropping array of desserts from the enormous dessert bar. We even received a complimentary extra glass of champagne at the end of the day which was a lovely touch. Highly recommended while you are in Melbourne, I have had high tea in numerous hotels all over the world and this rates very highly due to its elegance and simplicity and wonderful service.

Nigel M, Manager at Afternoon Tea - The Windsor Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

We are delighted you visited us on Boxing day for Afternoon tea.
I am glad you had a splendid visit and thank you for all the generous comments about our array of food available.
We do like to top guests up for a second fill of sparkling with no extra cost.
Yours Sincerely