“A Must For Your Bucket List”

Afternoon Tea - The Windsor Melbourne
Ranked #1 of 123 Coffee & Tea in Melbourne
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Everyone has said it before. Dress up or be casual, the service, food and atmosphere is exceptional. The scones are the best I've eaten and if you can demolish whats put on the table there is no problem getting more. Of course if you do one of the themed weekend ones after several visits to the chocolate,dessert or ice cream bar you will need to be carried out. Go ahead, spoil yourself and book in, you wont regret it.

There are newer reviews for Afternoon Tea - The Windsor Melbourne

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Afternoon or High Tea at Hotel Windsor was a wonderful experience. The sandwiches and miniature cakes were so fresh and full of flavour. The staff were attentive but not intrusive. I will do it again when visiting Melbourne.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I have had high tea here on many occasions, and on this recent occasion it didnt disappoint again. I went there for a friends birthday and we all agreed it was exceptional. The food is too die for and I felt a little guilty after my 4th or 5th visit to the dessert bar, but I just couldnt help myself. The desserts are to die for. The macaroons and the meringue were sensational, as were the crepe suzette's cooked by the chef at the table. If I had more room to eat, I would have gone back for another attempt, but I had eaten enough for an army.

Dont miss this wonderful opportunity and do yourself a favour.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Saturday afternoon tea is unbelievable, with your 3 tiered plate at your table then the most delicious chocolate fountain, mousse, cheesecake, cremebulee etc. Only complaint no tea pot and a bit slow on filling up the cup.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Afternoon tea is an experience to behold. The room is great....the crowd is varied....some people are dressed in their "sunday best"...others in jeans. But none of that really matters.....the atmosphere closely followed by the food are the stars.
Service was very good.....our waiter explained everything we need to know, the only thing missing is the choice of teas suggested on the menu......we were never offered the range of alternative tea. The choice of cakes and sweet delights available at the buffet was nothing short of amazing.
On the day we went there was also a range of ice creams and sorbets to select from at the conclusion of the meal....the raspberry was a highlight.
Highly recommended for special occassions!