“great little spot for coffee, breakfast, lunch, and more coffee with cakes”
Review of Cafe Excello

Cafe Excello
Ranked #406 of 4,219 Restaurants in Melbourne
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed May 12, 2013

met an old friend there, we spent most of the day in two chairs at one table, and the staff were very good about it. he embellished the truth and I didn't. LOL. the food was good, the coffee was good, and the staff attitude was tops. Atmosphere wasn't too bad either, cosmopolitan melbourne at it's best.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Look we found this on our first stay in Melbourne and every time we come back it's where we have breakfast. I became ill on our trip and couldn't have dairy while I had antibiotics so they gave me soy flat whites and I had soy milk with my muesli and fruit. They obviously buy the best soy because it hardly changed the way everything tasted. After a couple of mornings they know you and remember your order. They can get a little busy with the locals and tourists so be patient. It's worth the wait if you cop a busy time when you arrive.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Six of us were staying in close proximity of Spring Street and met at Cafe Excello as a central location. We were surprised to see so many like-minded individuals sharing a Sunday breakfast with us. We were all fed quickly and efficiently including provision of GF choices for a number of our group. Morning papers were provided as part of the service.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

My sister and I had lunch here when we were going to a live show at the Princess Theatre just a hop skip and jump away! They have an all day breakfast menu as well as the usual lunchtime snacks, foccacias etc. There was also a specials board that had another 10-15 meals so something for everyone! Prices very reasonable, service good and food good basic fare. I also ordered the greek coffee which was fabulous, so much so if I had more time I would have ordered another one!

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Very handy location to the Park Hyatt and Windsor. Great breakfast - try the omlettes - and superb coffee. Recommended.