“Great Apartment, Awesome location, Decor and...”
other travelers have booked this property
Southbank Serviced Apartment living area
Southbank Serviced Apartment king bedroom Southbank Serviced Apartment view to city
Check Availability
Southbank Serviced Apartment  second bathroom
Southbank Serviced Apartment  laundry facilities
Southbank Serviced Apartment  living area & view towards Docklands
Southbank two-bedroom apartment Floor Plan
Southbank two-bedroom apartment  pool & tennis court
Southbank two-bedroom apartment entertainment area
Southbank two-bedroom apartment gym
Southbank two-bedroom apartment pool area
Southbank two-bedroom apartment is very close to trams
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
John C
Greater Wellington, New Zealand
“Great Apartment, Awesome location, Decor and facilities very nice”
Reviewed December 13, 2015 for a stay in December 2015

We had a very nice time. The apartment was exactly what we were looking for. The apartment was spacious and clean with everything you need should you wish to dine in or venture out. Location and transport superb.

Only disappointments:
Booking manager Max very poor customer service
Charged $54 (NZ) more then stated amount without explanation

I would still recommend apartment again just confirm price.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Locatio
Liked least: Customer service
Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Dec 13, 2015
We disagree with this guest's statement about our manager not mentioning extra costs to the guest. This guest must have missed comments about credit card fees that were clearly visible on the website where the booking was made. In addition, the amount was nowhere near the amount he quoted.

Other than that, we were pleased to have John as our guest because he really enjoyed his stay with StayCentral so much, and we look forward to helping him enjoy another stay in one of our other locations next time, for a bit of variety perhaps.
Helen R
“relaxing , comfortable convenient”
Reviewed October 25, 2015 for a stay in October 2015

this was a surprise that was fabulous, great venue , rooms very comfortable. well appointed, close to everything , easy walking and easy to find. Very welcoming on arrival with all details given very nicely.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: atmosphere and location
Liked least: noises that I am not used to!! so really nothing
Traveling group: Friends
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Oct 26, 2015
It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much Helen. I hope we see you again when you can enjoy your returning guest discount; perhaps in one of our many other apartments; just for a change?
trotterst...
“Convenient Location, Good Furnishings”
Reviewed December 17, 2014 for a stay in December 2014

This is a privately-owned apartment so there are many instructions to follow in order to get in and out of the apartment and how to manage it during your stay. It is conveniently located with walking distance to CBD, South Wharf, and even to some of the popular South Bank surroundings.

The apartment is well lit with lots of natural sunlight and good view of the city. While the tram stop is just right in front of the apartment which makes it so accessible for those who wish to take the public transport, it can be a tad of an annoyance for those who are light sleepers because you get the noise coming from the trams in the nights and early in the mornings. But my kids don't seem to be bothered by that, except me who's an extremely light sleeper.

In addition, the apartment is furnished well but there are some areas that needed improvement/attention including the shower area in master bedroom; the chipped glass table top in the living room; a missing battery cover for the TV remote (Chris is aware of these issues and was apologetic); and supplying more trash bags will be useful for our a week-long stay at the apartment. The access to the mail room to return the keys upon checking out was denied too. But fortunately, my hubby tailgated someone who went into the mail room to collect her mails and dropped the keys back to the mailbox designated on the instructions (we could have called all the contacts given and ask for help but we were rushing to the airport). On hindsight, Chris was very helpful in all areas including the detailed instructions for checking in and out of the apartment and even arranging us to check in early and even for late check-out, as well as checking in with us via email after 24 hours of arrival.

I will recommend to friends who needed a convenient location but will forewarn the tram noise issue of course. Again this is individual preference.

Traveling group: Young Children
Dec 18, 2014
I'm glad that you enjoyed the apartment and the location.

I am also a light sleeper generally, and expected to have an issue with it, but I have not had a problem with the tram noise when I stayed. As you say, it would be a very individual thing, and there would be many spots like this in a city. The double glazing normally does the trick for most guests though.

Believe it or not, it was the owner (who was the last guest there) who broke the soap holder in the shower. Getting tradesmen to fix these things prior to Christmas was always going to be a struggle. We taped up the chip on the coffee table glass and the soap holder because we could not get them fixed quickly, and didn't want guests to hurt themselves on them. It's not as pretty, but it is quite safe.

It is indeed a great location for transport, walking to Southbank Promenade and for the city view.

I don't know why the fob would not open the mail room door. It normally does. We are checking it.

We work very hard to make your stay a seamless one and hopefully it has been that by the sound of it. Thank you for the feedback. We really appreciate it.

I hope to see you again with your returning-guest discount.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 13, 2014 for a stay in September 2014

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Sep 15, 2014
Yes, Cityside is one of our most luxurious apartments. I am glad you enjoyed the appointments and the location as well. I hope we see you again.
Perth
Reviewed April 8, 2014 for a stay in October 2013

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
Apr 8, 2014
Wow; sounds like it was a perfect fit. I hope we will see you again.
Perth. WA
Reviewed April 7, 2014 for a stay in August 2013

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
Apr 7, 2014
Yes, it is one of our favourite apartments this one. I'm glad you really enjoyed it. Do come back, and we will give you a return-guest discount as well.
Bendigo
Reviewed April 3, 2014 for a stay in March 2014

Apr 3, 2014
Hi Jason. Thank you for your thoughts.

That's the first comment we have ever had about our resident key minder concept being a bit difficult. Apartments are different to hotels of course. You usually have to pick up the keys elsewhere at an office, get them out of a lockbox, or organise to meet someone at the front door. Buzzing the apartment for the key-minder to bring the keys down isn't a problem, I'm sure, but needing to make a call to confirm your arrival time is a bit of a pain I suppose. I have had to do this a few times with B & Bs when I go away.

On thinking about it, if I copied the resident key-minder into your confirmation email, and requested your ETA, you would only have to 'reply to all' wouldn't you? Thanks for the tip.

The cleaning company's new cleaning trainee clearly needed more training before being let loose on his own. Sorry about the missed bits.

I just love the built-in obsolescence in new appliances. The microwave is only two-years old! We are checking it out anyway.

Foxtel is a non-event for us. This is only the second guest in eight years that said they missed it, so I can't see us putting it in. Sorry.

Anyway, I'm glad you liked things on the whole. Hope you can return for your returning-guest discount!

Chris
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing