“Loved the steak and loved the service !”

The Railway Club Hotel Steakhouse
Ranked #18 of 4,151 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Gastropub, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Railway Club Hotel has remained one of the busiest dining rooms in Melbourne for over ten years. Its atmosphere and ambiance has stood the test of time. No pretence, just true Port Melbourne style. You can choose your own meat from our display fridge and see it cooked to perfection in our open kitchen. With such a commanding range of cuts and sizes we never disappoint. But it's not just all about the steaks. We are also famous for our seafood and expansive selection of specials. Try our chef's-own Cevapcici skinless sausages with olive tapenade, or our whole grilled flounder. Our busy traditional bar and restaurant is now complimented by our newly refurbished upstairs dining rooms that also cater for a variety of private dining needs. Restaurant Food Service Hours: Monday - Saturday: 12:00 - 15:00 / 17:45 - 21:00 Sunday: 12:00 - 21:00 Public Bar Food Service Hours: Monday - Friday: 12:00 - 15:00 / 18:00 - 21:00 Saturday - Sunday: 12:00 - 21:00
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Arranged for a couple of friends from US to have their Valentine's Dinner there (and check it our for me!), and they enjoyed it so much, I had to try it as well. So brought my wife for dinner there a few days ago and absolutely no regrets. Loved it !

There are newer reviews for The Railway Club Hotel Steakhouse

Reviewed January 30, 2014

I am not a huge lover of red meat but have interstate friends who are, hence our choice of restaurant. Loved it the first time and have now been several times. Fortunately the menu provides for all. The staff is consistently friendly and attentive, great atmosphere. Bookings are definitely essentiL for this popular venue.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

This is our family's favourite restaurant for a special meal or birthday celebration. With three sons, aged 21, 18, and 16, and a husband who all love their steaks, this is their ideal restaurant. You can view the steaks in a glass cabinet before you order, and discuss with the chef the best way to cook each cut. Most steaks are sourced from specialist producers in Tasmania. Sides are simple, but of the highest quality produce with generous serves. Even on a cold, miserable Melbourne Tuesday night, this place is full, so it is always wise to book ahead. In winter, the roaring open fire adds atmosphere and extra warmth. Excellent wine list with some great reds to match the wonderful steaks. This is the sister restaurant to O'Connells in South Melbourne also an excellent restaurant, but O'Connells doesn't have the same emphasis on steaks.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

I really enjoyed the food, but I wish I had ordered the cheaper steak. I ordered the waghu and my husband had the porterhouse. His was so much tenderer, but it definitely won't stop me from going back here, it was great food and a nice place. They go out of their way to explain the meat and how things work there.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

In the USA, client dinners often end up at a Ruth Chris or McCormick and Schmick's etc..... I always enjoy the meal but none have ever met the experience with the cost. I want to walk away from an overly priced steakhouse saying "That was amazing" .................... At last, my dinner last week at the Railway I can say that. Great upscale pub environment, spectacular service. and most of all............. the steak was one of the best I have ever had in by 50 years on this planet. Our Irish waitress was amazing, the pints were flowing and the wine was fantastic. A fantastic business meeting that we and our clients will never forget.

Thank you !!!!!!