“Perfect Tour Guide for The Yarra!”

Yarra Valley Wine Tasting Tours
Ranked #7 of 92 Food & Drink in Melbourne
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Yarra Valley Wine Tasting Tours specialises in small personal wine tours from Melbourne to Victoria's Yarra Valley. We operate a daily wine tour on board of our luxury Mercedes Benz vehicles, maximum 14 or 16 people, where our passengers will enjoy the best of the Yarra Valley. The main highlights of the tour include visits and wine tastings at 4 top Yarra wineries, including Domain Chandon, a restaurant lunch with a glass of wine with lunch, a visit to the quaint Yarra Valley Dairy to sample their handmade cheeses as well as stops at the White Rabbit Brewery to sample beer and ciders and the new Yarra Valley Chocolate company. The tour will be conducted by one of our team of experienced drivers/guides; Alex, Anthony, Ben, Christian, Geoff or Sasha - all of whom have earned many favourable reviews from other Trip Advisor members. This tour is a great way to experience the best of the Yarra. Join us for wine, champagne, beer, cider, cheese, chocolates and a great day out!
Brisbane, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Perfect Tour Guide for The Yarra!”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Would absolutely reccomend anyone to use this company for your tour of the Yarra Valley! Garry our guide was lovely and full of knowledge and information about the area to keep the day interesting. I liked how there was a variety of things to do as tasting wines all day can start to become all of the same and tiring! For me the Yering Station Vineyard was amazing and the boutique winery's we went too also were lovely to support. Great value for money and did not feel rushed get around to all of these different spots by particular times. Well done to the team and of course to our guide Garry!

Visited June 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You'll want to book again!”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Being a bit of a wine freak, I was ecstatic to be going on another winery your - and this one was prob the best. It was a Saturday, packed bus, chit chat, wine, cheese, beer and chocolate. How can you go wrong? Our host Christian's itinerary was awesome - and so was his bus! So comfy. First stop, Yering Station and really beautiful chardy, then the dairy with so many delicious cheeses! There's a fridge on the bus, so get as much as you like! Then Chandon, oh wow. I recommend doing their extra tasting (only $5 and you try about 8 wines). Their pinot red (not sparkling) is divine and hard to find in shops. Then Rothbury estate for a yummy lunch. Then White Rabbit Brewery where the staff are friendly and the cider is to die for. There's more...Yileena Estate was our last wine stop and probably my favourite. A small winery, that packs a big punch! Bob, the main man was entertaining as we sampled his beautiful wine and just wait til you taste their assortment of smoked produce! Last stop was the chocolaterie which was just a brilliant way to top it all off. I highly recommend this tour. You will be booking again.

1 Thank Katie J
Perth, Australia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Well Worth It”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I went on this tour to the Yarra Valley and was not disappointed.
we stopped at 4 wineries and was shown the best way to drink wine with lunch included.

The only thing that i have to say against it is that the tour group that I went with did not pick me up at my hotel but got me to meet them at a location close to my hotel at a predetermined time.

Apart form that it is something that I would do again.

1 Thank Notellu
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Abso gorgeous day out!”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

What a top day out. Our fantastic, knowledgeable and friendly guide, Christian explained our packed but relaxing itinerary. I would recommend this trip to anyone who would like to appreciate wine and how to get the best out of tasting it. The small group was just right to chat and engage with. Some very funny stories were told too, including a discerning head kangaroo who chose a particular grape variety over others and brought his gang of roos and wiped out half the crop over night. Not funny, but funny if you get me.
The owners and workers at all the vineyards/wineries, knew their craft so well, and you could totally appreciate how much they loved doing what they do - they all seemed genuinely pleased to discuss their wines.

1 Thank Heather B
Singapore, Singapore
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome tour of the Yarra Valley”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The tour has a good mix of attractions - wines, beers, chocolates and cheesecake. What's not to like about that? Sash is a very pleasant, knowledgeable and engaging guide. It is a great way to spend a day outside of the city and I will recommend it to anyone visiting Melbourne.