“Great place for both hot chocolate and churros”

Chocolateria San Churro QV
Ranked #64 of 114 Dessert in Melbourne
Cuisines: Spanish
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Love Melbourne's cafe culture!

I like the drinking chocolate better at Max Brenners around the corner in the same plaza (richer and creamier) but the hot chocolate here is still very excellent. And the churros were also delicious. Perfect to be dipped in their wonderful chocolate drinks. Also love the kitschy Spanish style decor with the colorful china. Great spot!

Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

These guys do the best churro's I have ever had. I love that they offer white choc, dark choc & milk choc to dunk your churro's. Most places only offer milk choc. The staff are great & it really is a delicious treat to get these. The hot chocolate is also delicious! Keep up the great work!!

Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

I first found San Churro at Harbourtown a few years ago, while on a Mum/daughter shopping holiday... we were looking for some refuge from the rainy winter weather... and were bowled over by the amazing crunchy hot churros in cinnamon sugar and the most amazing melted chocolate, topped off with a chili hot chocolate.

It was my aim then to return here the next time I was in Melbourne. The next time I was in Melbourne was on my own in February 2012 and went to the San Churro at QVB. Again, I devoured more tasty hot churros topped off with a chocolate drink...

I am now in Melbourne again and so just had to make my pilgrimage to San Churro, again at QVB. This time sharing with a friend who had a dark chocolate milkshake and I had a chai latte.

Once again, the churros were just amazing. Fresh, hot, crispy and accompanied by the most amazing melted milk and dark chocolate... If there's any left over chocolate after the churros are gone, I use a spoon to scoop out the rest! :P

It is a Melbourne tradition for me that I intend to keep for a while! :)

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Nice place with good service.
The coffee is good. The churro with white chocolate is the best.
The place is very crowded.

Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

I tend to rate the hot chocolate I drink and this jumped to the top of the list. We also sampled the churros which were nice but I prefer them softer. I would definitely go back and probably will tomorrow before the end of our time in Melbourne!!