“Fantastic tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Peek Tours Melbourne - CLOSED

Peek Tours Melbourne
More attraction details
Owner description: Join our daily 3 hour walking tour around one of the most culturally captivating cities in the world. Follow the story of Melbourne from European settlement right through to modern times and get an insiders guide to the laneways, arcades and street art scene! Discover the stories that shaped Melbourne, the contemporary culture and local hotspots. You’ll also pick up some great tips on eating, drinking and experiencing Melbourne from those who live it.
Gothenburg, Sweden
“Fantastic tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

The 7th of september 2012 me and my friend went on a guided tour lead by Ellen Hookey. Additionally the tour was all free. We walked through the city, got to see and hear lots of stories that have happend in Melbourne. One of them was for instance about Ned Kelly, who was seen as Australias "Robin hood" but got, in the end, hanged in one of the prison we walked by. We also got to see a cool street that was filled with street art. Which was a very neat and cool place.
In summary the hole tour was a really cool experience and i got to learn and see lots of Melbourns "High ligts". I would really recomend this tour to future tourists ^^

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Frida721

Milan, Italy
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Perfect introduction for a visit in Melbourne”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

The walking tour is a great introduction the the city since you're gonna walk through some of the main hotspots of Melbourne and great to get in touch with its main reference points.
We went on this tour with Taco which was really great and funny in providing us all the informations we needed and many curious and interesting facts about Melbourne, so definitely not one of the usual boring tours.. the guide was really kind to show us some cheap and cool places to eat, which is really a treasure if you're inside the CBD, hungry and not wanting to spend a bunch of money.
The tour is tip-based, so you just give whatever you think the tour is worthy at the end of it, which is great!
I think that it can be interesting for people who's been living here for a while as well since they're providing curious and interesting informations about the history of the place as well.
I'll definitely recommend that to my friends!
If you're just arrived in Melbourne, start here! =)

2 Thank MattChinaski
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

Thanks to Ben for an amazing tour around Melbourne! Ben was informative and engaging and I learnt so much I never knew about this beautiful city. Highly recommended!

1 Thank jessmelb
Melbourne, Australia
“Brilliant tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

What a cool tour! I have been on a few in my time, as I've been all around Europe and such, but this one was a stand-out. Our tour guide Taco was a kooky and hilarious guide to Melbourne, telling us some really interesting stories and facts. I had no idea Melbourne was so interesting! I also can't beleive it was free! Will defintely be recommending the tour to my friends and other people in my hostel.

2 Thank Ickleton
Melbourne, Australia
“Wow! What a Tour.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

As someone who generally doesn’t get into guided tours this was fantastic! The attractions of Melbourne are beautiful but what made this a great tour was the lovely young tour guide, Ellen. Her knowledge of Melbourne’s hide-a-ways was fascinating and she brought the city to life with her quirky humour and bubbly personality. Thank you Ellen for a great tour.

2 Thank D_STOTT_12