“Mexican Food but not too spicy!”
Review of Amigos - CLOSED

Amigos
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The food was great. I tasted 3 types of its dishes and I found all of them acceptable. The only problem was small place. It was very crowded and we waited for half an hour to get a seat.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Went there on a Friday night for dinner before a movie date. We ordered 2 appetisers and 2 mains, and a couple of coffees.

Drinks came out on time. But, the food took forever!!! They brought out the mains before the appetisers! wow.. We were both starving, then suddenly we had one too many plates on the table after our long wait. By the time you finish your appetiser your main gets cold..

The tomato salsa tasted awful, how can you get that simple recipe so wrong? It was like diluted down tomato paste, no seasoning no flavour, just plain acidic taste. I avoided any part of my meals that had that salsa sitting on top of it. The guacamole was an odd greyish greeny colour and did not taste nice. My nachos with Frijoles were really difficult to eat. They stacked loads and loads of nachos on top of the Frijoles. It took a long time to remove all the nacho chips so I can discover my Frijoles beneath all that mess.

My husband's quesadillas were more like a hard shell taco. The chicken in our appetisers tasted bland.

Not going back there again. Much cheaper and tastier to make that sort of food at home for me.

Only positive is that the waiting staff were nice.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

My wife and I stumbled on this gem while on holiday in Melbourne recently.
The ambience was very good with subdued but tasteful lighting and the staff were friendly and obliging.
A very extensive menu is available but you are not kept waiting too long as the restaurant is well served by having more than adequate staff on duty.
Our meals were very generous and very tasty, apart from also being served piping hot. Top marks for that.
Sufficient beverages are available to satisfy most customers.
Would be more than happy to go back there when next in Melbourne.

Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

We dined here on a recent family holiday and had one of our best ever dining experiences. The service was friendly and fast and or meals arrived as ordered (no mean feat with our table if four adults and three hungry boys!) Our meals were delicious! The serving sizes were very large and reasonably priced too. No-one from our table went home hungry or unhappy! We will definitely be dining here again!

Reviewed July 14, 2012

Went to Amigos for a birthday and had a large group of 18. Immediately when you walk in you know your not in a traditional mexican restaurant, it combines that right ammount of darkness that makes you feel like a lounge, but with the decor of a very nice restaurant.

Menu has all your favourites and being a large group got to see a large portion of the menu come out. Everything looked great. They even managed to make the nachos look a lot nicer than what you would usually get. You do pay a little more than most mexican restaurants, but the food was superb so that was not a problem.

The winner on the night were the different chicken burritos, highly recommend those.

There is a large selection of cocktails, including Sangria of course. There selection of Tequila was the highlight on the drinks list. Wait staff were very friendly and efficient, so if you are feeling like mexican but want to sit in somewhere nice then Taco Bill, this is the place to be.